Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
"Jamokes"?

You used that word "Jabroni" It's awesome!
Yea man I'm pretty sure it's a hockey word. :laugh:

As for jamoke
Jamoke.png

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I only be upset if we get Podkolzin at 6 , if we get Caufield or Cozens , so be it. Byram ,Kakko , Hughes will be gone before #6 . It is between Turcotte, Dach , Zegras, Cozens and Caufield in that order. Turcotte could be Zadina of last draft.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm always fishy about these things too, but there are some on this forum that have inside information. There were 2 or 3 other Kings fans pointing out this guy with this "supposed" info.

To add some credibility to this rumor, why would any Kings fan drum up a false rumor about trading down. If you're throwing out garbage to get people excited, it's always about moving up or swapping roster players - not acquiring a 2nd round pick.

I'll operate under the assumption this is true and that I'm happy Yzerman has sufficiently laid the groundwork to get "his guy" should that scenario unfold.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
To add some credibility to this rumor, why would any Kings fan drum up a false rumor about trading down. If you're throwing out garbage to get people excited, it's always about moving up or swapping roster players - not acquiring a 2nd round pick.

I'll operate under the assumption this is true and that I'm happy Yzerman has sufficiently laid the groundwork to get "his guy" should that scenario unfold.

Yes I agree, trading down is not exciting in the least, and a 1 spot swap can and does happen in the NHL at the draft all the time.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I would laugh hard if this unfolds after say Turcotte and Zegras already go and we trade up and take Dach. This place will melt haha.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would laugh hard if this unfolds after say Turcotte and Zegras already go and we trade up and take Dach. This place will melt haha.

Not going to lie, if we trade up with Byram available, and then don't pick him, I will be pretty disappointed.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
For the record the rumor outlined isn't hard for me to believe. My guess is we hand over one of our lower seconds to ensure the pick and LA not taking other calls. Not in love with it but don't hate it. At the same time if we did that to ensure Zegras... Well I will be throwing things at my tv.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For the record the rumor outlined isn't hard for me to believe. My guess is we hand over one of our lower seconds to ensure the pick and LA not taking other calls. Not in love with it but don't hate it. At the same time if we did that to ensure Zegras... Well I will be throwing things at my tv.

Yzerman after passing on the best centers and defenders available

giphy.gif

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Way I see it a low 2nd has a pretty tiny chance of becoming an impact NHL player anyway. 2nds and extra picks are nice, but that can't distract from the fact that the pick we really need a home run on is the #6.

My impression is that there are a few tiers at the top. You have Hughes/Kaako in their own league, then you have Byram/Turcotte, followed by the usual suspects (Dach/Zegras/etc). We've talked about Byram/Turcotte but that has usually been with the caveat that we are expecting them to be gone before #6. If sacrificing a mid-late 2nd ups our chances of getting that home run player (assuming Yzerman and his team are confident that Byram/Turcotte is that player) I do that all day every day. But yeah like you said if they make that deal for anyone other than those two I'll be very skeptical.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
awesome read: Execs unplugged: Behind the scenes on the NHL Draft floor

excerpt on Holland moving Datsyuk in 2016

Holland: The deal I made with Arizona – Jakob Chychrun for Filip Hronek and Dennis Cholowski – I had lots of conversations leading up to the NHL Draft. I was trying to move (Pavel) Datsyuk’s money. I had five or six teams interested, a couple teams wanted me to give assets for them to take him off our hands. I didn’t want to give up any assets. Ultimately I had a number of conversations with Johnny Chayka.
He called me about pick eight or pick nine: ‘If somebody falls, we have a player or two we like.’ I said, ‘Let’s touch base around 12 or 13.’ Then as you start to go 12, 13, 14, some of those players we liked were dropping off the board. I called him at 15, and he said, ‘We have to wait one more pick.’ I said, ‘Is the guy still on the board?’ He said, ‘He’s still on the board.’
I don’t know it’s Chychrun. Minnesota is beside us and getting ready. I said to Chuck Fletcher, ‘Who are you taking? He said, (Luke) Kunin, and so I got on the phone (with Chayka) and said, ’Is Kunin your guy?’ He said, ‘No Kunin is not our guy.’ I said, ‘Minnesota is taking Kunin.’ He said, ‘If they’re taking Kunin, we’ve got a deal.’ … It worked out good. We freed up money, they got a player they liked and certainly we liked him too. It worked out good.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
^^ 13/14 were Bean and McAvoy. Reading between the lines we probably liked a bunch of D, but Chyrchrun was not one of them.

"It worked out good. We freed up money, they got a player they liked and certainly we liked him too. It worked out good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad