Pre-Game Talk: 2019 NHL Draft, Pt. V: Got your ticket? (Mod note in pinned post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Saw this while stalking the Oilers board for intel (and cause it’s fun watching them freak out about the Broberg rumours). Figured would be a fun distraction over the final 17 or so hours:

Picks 1-9
1) Devils - Hughes
2) Rangers - Kakko
3) Hawks - Turcotte
4) Avs - Byram
5) Kings - Dach
6) Red Wings - Krebs
7) Sabres - Cozens
8) Oilers - Broberg
9) Ducks - Zegras (damn your late 3rd period goal Elias!!)

And with the 10th pick in the 2019 NHL entry draft:

The Canucks will pick...
Soderstrom

I want the Canucks to pick...
Boldy

I don't want the Canucks to pick...
Soderstrom

It’s a reach but I secretly wouldn’t mind if the Canucks pick ...
Seider

And for bonus points:

One player that no one is picking to go in the top 10 that might just surprise is ...

Anaheim - Philip Tomasino​

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
You know this is a weird draft. I don't think I've ever had so many players where I thought "Oooo I'd like him at that spot." Just a wealth of forward talent will be there at 10. I have a hard time seeing the Canucks taking a D-man. Broberg seems to be rates very high... for some reason...? Frankly I still like Sedier better but have them both at about 16-18th in terms of quality of player.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I'm okay with/secretly really excited with:
-Seider
-Kaliyev
-Newhook

I'm skeptical of:
-Podkolzin
-Soderstrom
-Broberg
-Krebs
-Boldy (only cuz I don't know enough about him)

Big fist pump if they fall to us:
-Byram (not happening)
-Turcotte (not happening)
-Dach (not happening)
-Cozens (not happening)
-Zegras
-Caufield

I'm excited to watch this unfold. It's shaping up to be one of the more unpredictable first rounds.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Really hoping for a miracle in zegras tomorrow, if not him I think caufield is worth the risk with an elite release and excellent hands, and I would be ok with boldy. Outside that along with the top 2 and byram i am having a hard time seeing any top line talent or a top D man in this draft. I am am sure there will be some solid 2c's in this draft, but I think we have a chance to do better if the chips fall right.

Newhook?

Although I agree that Zegras would be a top flight pick, he has his own issues. I question his shooting frequency and ability. I also think his game needs to mature a lot before he can be relied upon. There are challenges with this player.

That said, it would be great to get him at 10. Fingers crossed that every team in the top9 has at least 1 player ahead of him on their respective lists.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My interest in the draft this year isn't as high as previous seasons but the one guy that I'm really excited about is Newhook. Would love if we took him, kid can absolutely fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad