Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
tenor.gif

This weekend.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Dont wanna jinx it but...constantinou in 7th...and i think this will be the most unbelievable draft ever.

Constantinou's closest comparable in this draft went #8 overall. This kid is an unbelievable skater with high-end offensive skills, but he really needs coaching and development to become less of a riverboat gambler back there and more of a hockey player.

Reactions: nugg

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
From my draft sleeper capsules:

LW Nikola Pasic, Linkoping, SWE JR.

Certainly a kid for Devils fans to keep an eye on, as he's an extremely quick-skating player with good skill who could be available in the 5th/6th/7th rounds. Ray Shero and Paul Castron have made a habit of drafting this type of player, and it has worked out for them in the past.

Pasic is average sized (5'10-180), but he does not shy away from physicality. He's a solid defensive player and always trying to support his teammates. Though his strongest asset is his skating, he is also very good at puck handling and features and excellent wrist shot and nice, accurate one-timer. If there's a weakness in Pasic's game it's that his vision is somewhat lacking -- he can have tunnel vision with the puck. Though he can lace a pass to an open teammate, he is not accomplished at finding line-mates through the seams or anticipating offensive plays. This leads me to believe that Pasic's upside is as a second/third line tweener with great speed and some scoring ability.

That being said, he is not a player I would target in the second or third rounds, but rather the bottom rounds. He's the type of player who can give a team energy, bursts of offense, and a jolt in the team speed department. Nikolas Pasic would be a very solid pick in the late rounds for these reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad