Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Continue.

Second round, 34th overall
Second round, 55th overall (via Predators)
Second round, 61st overall (via Bruins)*
Third round, 70th overall (via Ducks)
Third round, 80th overall (via Stars)
Fourth round, 96th overall
Fifth round, 127th overall
Sixth round, 158th overall
Seventh round, 189th overall

Last edited:
Reactions: JK3

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Gonna' repost this, because I'm THAT enthusiastic & happy, which RARELY happens on NHL draft night.

I'm NOT shocked that Arthur Kaliyev's name wasnt called, but I am a little surprised. I'm MORE surprised that Bobby Brink's name wasnt called.

I'm NOT surprised, but happy that Jamieson Rees' name wasnt called. The fact that the Devils are going to get one of these THREE players, absolutely has me SWIMMING tonight.

Prior to the draft my HOPE was the Devils would get Rees at #34, but now I have Kaliyev & Brink to hope for before that point!

It's good to be a Devils' fan in 2019!

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Kaliyev wont be a Devil, one of the few things Ray mentions is ‘compete’ which is the biggest knock on Kaliyev

If hes our early 2nd ill be pretty pissed because he wont be in the league by 2022

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
From Steven Todd Ives' Final mock, description of Lavoie:

19 OTT: RW Rafael Lavoie high-scoring 6’4 power Fs with excellent skating ability are very difficult to find, and Ottawa needs young snipers for their rebuild. Lavoie’s consistency was questioned somewhat during his season for Halifax of the QMJHL, but he firmly answered this with an eye-popping 20 goals in 23 playoff games.

Yes please!!

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm rarely an NHL draft trade kind of guy, but given the talent that dropped, I'd trade pick #61 & pick #70 to move up to pick #33 to get TWO of the THREE of Rees, Brink & Kalyiev.

Reactions: nugg

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I need a @StevenToddIves update on the current board.

Sorry, just got home. Um, what's the Devils news? "Devils pick Hughes in a pick which was no debate except among desperate-to-be-read factions of the media".

Seriously though, this is an historic day for the Devils franchise. Jack Hughes is just an otherworldly talent, far and away the best combination of skating/hockey IQ/vision/puckhandling/zone entry aside from McDavid in the entire decade. The center combination of Hughes/Hischier will be simply brilliant, and usher the Devils into a new age of success.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Reading Kaliyev's thread, one poster mentioned the kid might just need the perfect situation to capitalize on his potential. Maybe lining up next to Hughes is that situation? From a personality perspective, Hughes is the exact opposite of him, which almost makes it seem like a Beauty and the Beast kind of match.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
this is an historic day for the Devils franchise. Jack Hughes is just an otherworldly talent, far and away the best combination of skating/hockey IQ/vision/puckhandling/zone entry aside from McDavid in the entire decade.

The center combination of Hughes/Hischier will be simply brilliant, and usher the Devils into a new age of success

I'm not quite there yet, why'd you stop?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sorry, just got home. Um, what's the Devils news? "Devils pick Hughes in a pick which was no debate except among desperate-to-be-read factions of the media".

Seriously though, this is an historic day for the Devils franchise. Jack Hughes is just an otherworldly talent, far and away the best combination of skating/hockey IQ/vision/puckhandling/zone entry aside from McDavid in the entire decade. The center combination of Hughes/Hischier will be simply brilliant, and usher the Devils into a new age of success.

Who we want at 34? Brink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad