GDT: 2019 NHL Draft Day 2: 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Really hope we don’t trade away the 34th pick. Just too much talent still here.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
kind of a weird first round. In a couple years this may turn out to be a draft where several of the off the board picks allowed some other picks to fall in unexpected places, that just may be the perfect fits.

Dach may ceem off to some people, and I prob wouldnt have, but it wasnt drastically distant between him turcotte, zegras and cozens, they liked Dach so be it. LA just picked whomever was left and got a great fit with turcotte.

I dont hate the Seider pick at all, I love that kid, but perhaps they couldve moved down a bit and still got him with edmonton gaga over broberg. perhaps not though.

Zegras to annaheim is something they prob werent expecting and they are going to reap the benefits.

Dont know why AZ moved up there and gave Philly assets, just take the defensman that was leftover.

Then Caulfield lands in MTL which im sure they didnt see coming, and Newhook followed by Krebs to COL and VGK are all excellent fits

The Thomson and Poulin which were ok, but a little erly maybe and LA makes another great pick in Bjornfot

And then the real killer was lou and TB reaching for Holmstom and Foote, allowing our boy Beecher to fall right to Boston. What a fit for him there and it sucks for the rest of us.

Really interesting pick at 34 for us. way more talent than I thought would be there

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Second round, 34th overall
Second round, 55th overall (via Predators)
Second round, 61st overall (via Bruins)*
Third round, 70th overall (via Ducks)
Third round, 80th overall (via Stars)
Fourth round, 96th overall
Fifth round, 127th overall
Sixth round, 158th overall
Seventh round, 189th overall

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Second round, 34th overall
Second round, 55th overall (via Predators)
Second round, 61st overall (via Bruins)*
Third round, 70th overall (via Ducks)
Third round, 80th overall (via Stars)
Fourth round, 96th overall
Fifth round, 127th overall
Sixth round, 158th overall
Seventh round, 189th overall
Out of all of these picks, we all know that the one we're most looking forward to is 158th overall.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
With the talent left, would anyone still do 34, McLeod, Wood for Subban?

I would, but the names left make it hard. Of course, that’s also what might make Nashville interested in pulling the trigger. If Robertson is there, they’d get a top D prospect, former 1st round C, and cost controlled LW.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
With the talent left, would anyone still do 34, McLeod, Wood for Subban?

I would, but the names left make it hard. Of course, that’s also what might make Nashville interested in pulling the trigger. If Robertson is there, they’d get a top D prospect, former 1st round C, and cost controlled LW.

I’m in the vast minority but no. Love PK but I feel just like Karlsson, his best days are behind him. 9 million a year for another offensive D (I know he brings something superior to the ones we have) when what we need is defensive Ds to partner with Severson, Ty and Butcher. Draft the BPA at 34, let McLeod keep marinating in the AHL and Wood brings something we don’t have much of either.

Reactions: NJDevs

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think I prefer Kaliyev if he's still on the board at 34. He's has a top 10 skill level in this draft.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
What did they have at the watch party anyway? I know from the stuff they posted on Twitter they had a pre-draft interview with Greene and Cory. What did they wind up doing post-pick?
Food trucks, a giant outdoor Bud Light bar, arena vendors. They had interviews with Erika and Steve and then Greene Rooney Blackwood and Schneider. They were throwing t shirts and pucks throughout the event. It was a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad