NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Philadelphia Eagles vs (5) Seattle Seahawks - Seattle wins 17-9

PHISEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The Clowney Wentz narrative is a joke.

incredibly illegal hit. Worst hit maybe since the Steelers Browns game.

but Clowney is a warrior and Wentz is injury prone.

The fact the hawks got a touchdown because Wilson got his jersey dirty on 3rd down and Wentz didn’t get a call is something I’ll never understand.

I went to university in Seattle, they’ve been my second team. I hope they win it all.

f*** the refe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wentz is a runner and didn’t slide, so that’s not automatic helmet-to-helmet.

Reactions: DangleCity

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
you think that was in any way, shape or form a clean hit?

If so we are at an impasse and that’s that
I think it’s easy to see on the replay. Nobody else noticed it until then. In real time, that’s easy to miss and this referee called a ton of unnecessary roughness this year.

Reactions: Sombastate

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They cant review targeting in the NFL? I thought I remember them doing it. Couldn't be wrong. it was a dirty hit, and Doug and Mr. Lurie need to be hounding the league about it. Every other fanbase would be pissed off if that hit happened to their quarterbacks. Other quarterbacks get that call. But what done is done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They cant review targeting in the NFL? I thought I remember them doing it. Couldn't be wrong. it was a dirty hit, and Doug and Mr. Lurie need to be hounding the league about it. Every other fanbase would be pissed off if that hit happened to their quarterbacks. Other quarterbacks get that call. But what done is done.
You sue the league. That’s how this works.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it’s easy to see on the replay. Nobody else noticed it until then. In real time, that’s easy to miss and this referee called a ton of unnecessary roughness this year.
Missed call.

I mean, if Wilson got knocked out of the game, and with no running attack, no chance Geno Smith does anything out there even against a depleted Eagles D.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You sue the league. That’s how this works.
Well, that is how they are in this problem in the first place. Lawsuits and head injuries. But reviewing it like they do in college could help prevent some of these hits. Especially if they are ejected and out a half. it might go that way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Missed call.

I mean, if Wilson got knocked out of the game, and with no running attack, no chance Geno Smith does anything out there even against a depleted Eagles D.
Wilson would also slide. That’s why can run around and never get hurt.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Most QBs would not have gone head first. What this now the second tine that he has gone head first and suffered a major injury. Hard to feel bad for this guy. Maybe he will learn.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Most QBs would not have gone head first. What this now the second tine that he has gone head first and suffered a major injury. Hard to feel bad for this guy. Maybe he will learn.
Don't think he has ever been concussed before in the pros. He tore his ACL going head first but that was a freak accident. It was a bad call, but it is over. Would be surprised if Clowney wasn't fined.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
And he got those numbers mostly from scrambling around to buy himself time, so I don’t really get now being mad at him for doing what had been working for him.

This is why the Sanders drop was really the turning point.

He catches that ball and he has at least a 1st if not a possible TD.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He couldn't slide. Someone had his legs wrapped up. It wasn't like it was 10 yards down field. He was 5 yards behind the line.
Didn’t fully realize that was the play. All anyone kept showing was the end. If he’s running though he’s still running.

The refs said he was a runner but he was 5 yards behind the line.

He’s still running though. He’s a runner.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, Philly fans, I told ya’ so.

Don’t give me the Wentz was injured schtick. McCurdy put up a really solid stat line, especially with that offensive line crumbling under any sort of pressure. Carson Wentz isn’t a great quarterback and likely doesn’t put up the performance McCurdy does.

The Eagles got overrated by coming in “hot”, aka beating the Giants twice, the Redskins once and a Dallas team that forgot to even show up. I predicted an easy Seattle win, and honestly, this game was never really in doubt.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well, Philly fans, I told ya’ so.

Don’t give me the Wentz was injured schtick. McCurdy put up a really solid stat line, especially with that offensive line crumbling under any sort of pressure. Carson Wentz isn’t a great quarterback and likely doesn’t put up the performance McCurdy does.

The Eagles got overrated by coming in “hot”, aka beating the Giants twice, the Redskins once and a Dallas team that forgot to even show up. I predicted an easy Seattle win, and honestly, this game was never really in doubt.
Wentz getting hurt did mater. If Wilson got hurt, their 19 yards rushing wouldn't go up with Geno Smith at the helm. But, he got hurt.

For Wentz, seeing the entire play unfold again, he took a deep drop of 7-8 yards, then moved to his right. Nothing was open. I believe upon replay, he managed to roll out right enough to get outside the tackle box. He had McDougal in front of him kind of to his right who had outside containment on him. Wentz has to know then that he is several yards behind the LOS and unlikely to make it back there. Best option at that point is to continue to move to his right and throw the ball out of bounds past the LOS. Because, even if Clowney doesn't hit him, it's a 5-6 yard sack. Avoidable negative play.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
you think that was in any way, shape or form a clean hit?

If so we are at an impasse and that’s that

What are you on about? We see 10 hits a game that are worse than that. It was completely clean and it would be outrageous and laughable for there to be a flag on such a minor hit.

Wentz is too brittle for the NFL. Simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad