NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Wild Card Round: (4) Philadelphia Eagles vs (5) Seattle Seahawks - Seattle wins 17-9

PHISEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Eagles are 1 point favorites LOL. We saw Giants go from 3.5 point dogs to 1 point favorites vs the Skins. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Seattle be a 3 point favorite by game time

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I wouldn’t count out the Eagles and Pederson here at home.

They have been banged up the last few seasons going into the playoffs and have managed to pull off wins. They are a battle tested bunch.
Agreed. And personally I’m not sold on Seattle as an elite team. I think they could easily lose this game.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Agreed. And personally I’m not sold on Seattle as an elite team. I think they could easily lose this game.
Seattle seems to always need a couple of big (7 plus yard runs) to get them going offensively. If they start off with runs under 3 yards, they seem to take a while to get going offensively.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s the Seahawks, the game is going to be close either way and Russell is likely going to be out there slinging the rock in the 4th quarter with a chance to take the lead.

huge game for Wentz who finally gets to play a playoff game

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seattle is as beat up by late season injuries as anyone. They won't make waves, not our year. Might beat Philly though.
LT Brown is expected back. Mainly the RBs now, as they have been without their top TEs for a while.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough one to call.

Initial reaction is Seattle, but the more I think about it the more I second guess it.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Decent bit of mental stress for Seattle this week; inches away from not having to travel cross-country. I got eagles in a tight one.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Hawks obviously. Eagles having home field is the dumbest thing ever.

Hawks should have won their division. Everyone knows at the beginning of the year... win your division. And before people rag on the NFC East (TERRIBLE division, i know), the Pats have been beating up on the worst division in all of football for 19 years now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hawks obviously. Eagles having home field is the dumbest thing ever.
That's how it has been. Schedule is setup to play 6 games against your division. Not like they are playing each team in the conference to get 15 games then 1 game left over.

I recall it might have been a coach suggest it recently, but it would kill all AFC/NFC matchups. Get 4 per team each year, but would then drop it down to 1 per year. Would virtually leave 1 ever matchup between a Brady/Big Ben vs. Rodgers/Wilson/ in their careers barring a SB match.

Either way, the Hawks, by losing to AZ last week, put themselves into a spot where the outcome of the game didn't allow them to get a bye. GB and NO won, so at best it's a home game vs the Vikings.

Vikings by losing to GB last week were locked into #6. So they rested their key guys against Chicago. Gave Cook/Theilen time to heal their injuries. They are going to be more fresh than either the Hawks/Saints who played their starters with a bye or division title on the line. Philly played their guys to secure the division.

It's still Cousins in prime time, but Vikings will be more rested. But at this point in time, every team has injuries through 16 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad