NFL GDT: 2019 NFC Championship Game: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (2) Green Bay Packers

SFGB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Niners because the D will stomp Aaron into the ground, and fate has it that they will battle The Chiefs in the SB.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Rodgers of old was great. Not this version. It's a moot point because SF will obliterate GB anyways. Leaving a matchup of: Jimmy G vs Mahomes. Yikes what a mismatch.

Mahomes is amazing but lets not like act like he's a God because he obliterated a Bill O' Brien coached team. Foles vs Brady, Eli vs Brady twice and the corpse of Peyton vs Newton were all mismatches too.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers had a great plan for Lamar Jackson. No reason they wouldn't have another IF they meet KC in 3 weeks.

But that a huge if that doesn't need to be discussed now.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
GB. Rodgers is better than Jimmy G. I expect big night from Jaire, Za'Darius and Preston.
Rodgers was better in November when his team lost by 30, too. Now SF is healthier and are probably pumped that they get to attack a stationary qb instead of Russell Wilson.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Niners opening at -7.5 is interesting. That's more than last week when they were rested and waiting for the Vikings coming off of a short week.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Packers are very similar to the Vikings...except Rodgers > Cousins...but then again, Vikings D > Packers D.

So whatever advantage they have at QB, is nullified if you ask me.

Short of my Niners totally crapping the bed...this should be light work.

They destroyed them midseason while not having Staley, McGlinchey, and Alexander in the lineup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Packers are very similar to the Vikings...except Rodgers > Cousins...but then again, Vikings D > Packers D.

So whatever advantage they have at QB, is nullified if you ask me.

Short of my Niners totally crapping the bed...this should be light work.

They destroyed them midseason while not having Staley, McGlinchey, and Alexander in the lineup.

An even bigger difference than Rodgers/Cousins might be the OL. Packers have one of the best and the Vikings not so much. It may not matter against that ridiculous Niners DL but going in the Packers are certainly better equipped to handle pressure than the Vikings were.

Reactions: 417

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Niners opening at -7.5 is interesting. That's more than last week when they were rested and waiting for the Vikings coming off of a short week.

I heard a lot of talk from analysts that had concerns over the 49ers lack of playoff experience but they were proved wrong, obviously

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I looked up the Conferemce title game between Seattle/GB. Seattle was -8.5. Same scenarionas this as GB got destroyed there but was the first game of the season. I thought the Packers had no shot in that game too, pretty much the same feeling in this game. But you never know.

Reactions: Avs_19

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just don't see how the Packers win this game. Packers would have to play a damn near perfect game while the 49ers' defense has to play way below their capabilities. It's possible because it's the playoffs and nerves can get the better of you sometimes but hard to envision it. Can expect Adams to get doubled all game long. Can expect the front four to put pressure on Rodgers. The Packers could conceivably run the ball on the 49ers but if they play even just half as well as they did against the Vikings against the run, that's still not going to be enough. Jimmy G will have to be a turnover machine to screw them out of this game and Shanahan has shown that he's willing to take the ball out of hands to do that.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I just can't see the Niners getting beat by 3 guys alone. The Packers team consist of Rodgers,Jones, and Adams. So for the Packers to win they will need Jimmy G to turn the ball over often and a lot of their players to play way over their head which I guess could happen because anything can happen in a single game. And the Packers need to stick with the running game,even if it gets shut down early on. Because if the running game is non existant, Rodgers is going to get destroyed. The Niners D-Line will just tee off on him and Rodgers is not a Wilson who can scramble away from pressure and buy abit of time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I just can't see the Niners getting beat by 3 guys alone. The Packers team consist of Rodgers,Jones, and Adams. So for the Packers to win they will need Jimmy G to turn the ball over often and a lot of their players to play way over their head which I guess could happen because anything can happen in a single game. And the Packers need to stick with the running game,even if it gets shut down early on. Because if the running game is non existant, Rodgers is going to get destroyed. The Niners D-Line will just tee off on him and Rodgers is not a Wilson who can scramble away from pressure and buy abit of time.
They have a solid O-line and front-7, too.

That said, as it has all season, it comes down to health and not beating themselves. They have the 1st part, now they just need to take care of the ball and be aware of each situation.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They have a solid O-line and front-7, too.

That said, as it has all season, it comes down to health and not beating themselves. They have the 1st part, now they just need to take care of the ball and be aware of each situation.

I think the 49ers could legitimately win this game by only running the ball. I don't think the Packers D is going to stop that running attack.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think the 49ers could legitimately win this game by only running the ball. I don't think the Packers D is going to stop that running attack.
And if they stuff the box, they'll just throw it.

As long as they take care of the ball, their odds are extremely good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad