OT: 2019-nCov Part 4: Sanitized & Solo Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think what we need to ingrain in ourselves is that getting the virus if you're healthy is not a death sentence.

Yes, you're chances of complications are much, much higher than the regular flu, but there is still a very, very, very high chance that you'll be fine.

That doesn't mean you get to be irresponsible. You should still practice social distancing and protect people who are most at risk. But for your personal mental health, note that it is not the end if you contract it.

Hopefully this thread can keep this in mind instead of turning into a doomsday one like the previous one.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Someone at my job has a weaker immune system, but when people told him to take the quarantine he told us he preferred to feel like shit or end up in the hospital than to do nothing at his house...

man

Reactions: llamateizer

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I asked my friends how are the hospitals as he's a doctor, he said the 3 he works at are actually calmer than usual pre-crisis. Guess less people go to hospitals now unless they absolutely have to in fear of catching the virus there.
So, I definitely think Canada, or at least Quebec, is managing the overload quite well. Also important to note, only 3 people have needed to be hospitalized here.

You have a few posters here trying to incite fear for some odd reason.
Was wondering, if I have the Cold symptoms ( runny nose and sore throat) should you quarantaine ?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I asked my friends how are the hospitals as he's a doctor, he said the 3 he works at are actually calmer than usual pre-crisis. Guess less people go to hospitals now unless they absolutely have to in fear of catching the virus there.
So, I definitely think Canada, or at least Quebec, is managing the overload quite well. Also important to note, only 3 people have needed to be hospitalized here.

You have a few posters here trying to incite fear for some odd reason.
Canada's been smart, but mostly lucky so far. I'll take it. As for the wide range of reactions, I've stopped trying to judge or convince either extreme. Can't tell people how to feel, as my mom used to say. As long as they don't act stupid, they're allowed to think stupid.

As for my actions, I went out for a solo breakfast this morning and was alone in a restaurant for almost two hours. Anyone who tries to tell me I'm taking a big risk can bite me. Which they won't, of course, because they'll turn into a zombie.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I am noticing a patern about Air Canada flights passenger's loads.

Flights leaving the country for oversea flying are all close to empty.

Flights returning to Canada from oversea countries are mostly full. Especially for those countries that are not as safe or healthcare providing as ours. Many people with dual citizenships must be attempting to come back.

Now for domestic flights loads are extremely light. Out of all the Air Canada airlines umbrella; Air Canada mainline, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada express, AC Express is the one suffering the most due to regional travelling.

So for those wondering about people flying all over the place it has extremely reduced. Seeing planes so empty gives me chills...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Was wondering, if I have the Cold symptoms ( runny nose and sore throat) should you quarantaine ?

The official recommendation is to self quarantine if you have cold or flu symptoms. 14 days is the typical recommended duration.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Canada's been smart, but mostly lucky so far. I'll take it. As for the wide range of reactions, I've stopped trying to judge or convince either extreme. Can't tell people how to feel, as my mom used to say. As long as they don't act stupid, they're allowed to think stupid.

As for my actions, I went out for a solo breakfast this morning and was alone in a restaurant for almost two hours. Anyone who tries to tell me I'm taking a big risk can bite me. Which they won't, of course, because they'll turn into a zombie.

There was a time when people who thought stupid still had this sense of realization and made them keep their craziness to themselves. Nowadays the stupid thoughts are spread around with pride. They're louder than the rational sensical thoughts.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I am noticing a patern about Air Canada flights passenger's loads.

Flights leaving the country for oversea flying are all close to empty.

Flights returning to Canada from oversea countries are mostly full. Especially for those countries that are not as safe or healthcare providing as ours. Many people with dual citizenships must be attempting to come back.

Now for domestic flights loads are extremely light. Out of all the Air Canada airlines umbrella; Air Canada mainline, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada express, AC Express is the one suffering the most due to regional travelling.

So for those wondering about people flying all over the place it has extremely reduced. Seeing planes so empty gives me chills...

Only responsible thing to do. We have to get people home.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'm anxiously waiting for Legault's presser to hear the new numbers and if there's a confirmed death. I heard things and I hope they are proved wrong.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Well I'm not a doctor, but if you're sick, you should always rest and try not to pass it on to anybody.
Why would you not want to quarantine at this point anyways?
it's not a question that I don'T want, It's a question that my employer doesn't let me leave with a pay if I don't have a fever or the exact same symptoms, which is completely dumb.

I asked for sefl quarantine and they laughed, so ye.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
it's not a question that I don'T want, It's a question that my employer doesn't let me leave with a pay if I don't have a fever or the exact same symptoms, which is completely dumb.

Ask your employer to kindly inform your co-workers that you're sick, and see how they react.

Reactions: dinodebino

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Your company is irresponsible. There should really be Federal and Provincial mandated actions for employers.

Reactions: overlords

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Didn't realize but Trudeau is having another press conference update. National Parks & monuments are closed.

Immediate financial support for those trying to get home from overseas, or need to wait where they are.

Support coming for businesses greatly affected by this.

Another press tomorrow.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is the biggest danger to Quebec and the situation we should looked at more closely.

Those cases probably picked up between March 7th and March 10th and the US only reacted with social distancing on March 15th.
Really don't like what's going there.

And there's also Florida who starts adding numbers since 3 days

Reactions: llamateizer and Seb

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Cinderblocks weigh too little and dumbells in the 100+ range cost 150 a pair+
Call it an investment. $200 for your mental health. You'll probably save that on social activities this month alone.

Adjustable dumbbells keep like 80% of their value on the used market too, so it's like a $50 rental.

You'd be an idiot not to

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
This is the biggest danger to Quebec and the situation we should looked at more closely.

Those cases probably picked up between March 7th and March 10th and the US only reacted with social distancing on March 15th.
Really don't like what's going there.

And there's also Florida who starts adding numbers since 3 days

I'm really worried about the snowbirds. For them and for us.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Didn't realize but Trudeau is having another press conference update. National Parks & monuments are closed.

Immediate financial support for those trying to get home from overseas, or need to wait where they are.

Support coming for businesses greatly affected by this.

Another press tomorrow.

Parks are closed but the US border is still open for tourists. Okay.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I was thinking last night, isn't it weird how for weeks we were told that shutting down the airports wasn't scientifically supported, and against WHO recommendations? Viruses don't carry passports, etc. What a crock of shit they fed us.

WHO should be apolitical, but it seems they aren't. Airports are petri dishes, especially now with huge volumes of mandated and panicked travel. Big fail from them.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad