OT: 2019-nCov Part 4: Sanitized & Solo Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Continue...
Welcome to the COVID-19 Forum. This is going to be an all consuming subject for some time. We think it deserves its own forum.

This forum is not limited to hockey-related talk.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to
, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

How you're preparing, how this is affecting your community, news and information are the types of discussion this forum is for.

Pardon our dust we're going to be working out the kinks on this, if you have any recommendations or ideas you can send them to me VIA conversation message.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Posted in last thread, but a good update on the vaccine:

The first testing in humans of an experimental vaccine for the new coronavirus began on Monday, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced.

The main goal of this first set of tests is to find out if the vaccine is safe. If it is, later studies will determine how well it works.

The trial was “launched in record speed,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the institute’s director, said in a statement.

Such rapid development of a potential vaccine is unprecedented, and it was possible because researchers were able to use what they already knew about related coronaviruses that had caused other diseases outbreaks, SARS and MERS.

Despite the rapid progress, even if the vaccine is proved safe and effective against the virus, it will not be available for at least a year.

Trial of Coronavirus Vaccine Made by Moderna Begins in Seattle

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Alright anybody knows where I could find natural stones that are round-ish and weigh around 50-200 pounds ?

Any spots near you that has those ? Be it in a river or in a landscaping store.

I need to lift heavy shit, my mind is racing and racing and racing and I don't do anything but stare at a screen.

Welcome to my world….

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Washington States and New York States
They have more that twice the amount of cases than the entire country of Canada…..each.

There's also more cases in California than there is in Canada

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Alright anybody knows where I could find natural stones that are round-ish and weigh around 50-200 pounds ?

I need to lift heavy shit, my mind is racing and racing and racing and I don't do anything but stare at a screen.

I have 2 running kids that weights 40 and 50 pounds at home.
I lift them a few times a day and and make them ramp on the ceiling on their knees and sings spider pig song (Simpsons movie reference).

Fun basic workout

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm sitting alone in a restaurant. First customer of the day... looking like one of the very few they'll get all day. Why go at all? The owner's a friend, the risk is low enough, and frankly I miss getting out and relaxing over bacon and eggs and lots of coffee. Everyone has their acceptable safety level; this fits mine.

Got an earful from my owner buddy when I walked in. He's a bit self-absorbed these days, but I can't really blame him. He's watching 100k of revenue disappear and there's not a single thing he can do about it. He fully expects Quebec restaurants to be officially closed soon, leaving him with nothing to do but sit at home and monitor his dwindling savings. He's obviously not alone. There are entire classes of businesses in danger of drying up and dying. Now, I imagine banks will be very flexible with payments and I expect tax breaks and some compensation for them, but the domino effect on an economy built on small businesses is going to be severe.

45 minutes later, not a single customer other than me. I'll tip extra.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I know the feeling. I was pacing the house like a caged animal yesterday. Went out for a run and felt much better afterwards. Running adapts easier than lifting, but there are always options. Do pushups, lift a chair, lift a neighbour's kid. And doing the latter probably means you'll also get a good run. You're welcome.

Reactions: Treb

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Go buy some dumbbells??? Otherwise get some cinderblocks

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
There seemed to be more people walking and more cars on the streets this morning. My girlfriend had no trouble finding a Plex yesterday but had to call a taxi this morning... I wonder if it's because people saw the metro, buses and streets were empty yesterday so they figured they could enjoy it a little bit today?

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I'm sitting alone in a restaurant. First customer of the day... looking like one of the very few they'll get all day. Why go at all? The owner's a friend, the risk is low enough, and frankly I miss getting out and relaxing over bacon and eggs and lots of coffee. Everyone has their acceptable safety level; this fits mine.

Got an earful from my owner buddy when I walked in. He's a bit self-absorbed these days, but I can't really blame him. He's watching 100k of revenue disappear and there's not a single thing he can do about it. He fully expects Quebec restaurants to be officially closed soon, leaving him with nothing to do but sit at home and monitor his dwindling savings. He's obviously not alone. There are entire classes of businesses in danger of drying up and dying. Now, I imagine banks will be very flexible with payments and I expect tax breaks and some compensation for them, but the domino effect on an economy built on small businesses is going to be severe.

45 minutes later, not a single customer other than me. I'll tip extra.
The government should let them open up "take out" style of order, or they could offer delivery ? I think the take-out option would be ideal

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
It was a joke but 2 millions is still two millions, when you consider the size of both territories, its pretty insane.
I'd say population density is a larger factor than total population, at least in the early stages, ie the number of people you bump into on a daily basis

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The government should let them open up "take out" style of order, or they could offer delivery ? I think the take-out option would be ideal
They already had that option. Nobody's calling. Nobody's coming. Here I am:
20200317_085228.jpg

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
My girlfriend's friend is trying to be tested, he has symptoms :( He travelled a few weeks ago but it can't be from it since it's been more than 2 weeks. Let's hope it's only the flu and not the COVID.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

You don't have weights at home?

Try yoga and/or pilates. There's free sessions on YouTube. It's not weights but it'll limber you up.

There's also a free mediation app if you want to learn/try meditatation.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad