NBA 2019 NBA Finals (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Maybe. But that doesn’t matter. It doesn’t lessen a potential title. It doesn’t even slightly take away the feeling a fanbase would have watching a championship team.

And just check out the past games post game presser to see Stephanie’s embarrassing whining about it.

I think it does lessen a title when looking at it from a far but of course Raptors fans won't care how they win they will ignore all that and just take the title.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No I am not angry and not really a fan since I don't have an NBA team that I specifically cheer for anymore.
I understand you’re really trying to come across that way, but the teaching and flailing away for excuses and offhanded attempts at put downs and insults to the raptors make it clear. You most definitely are not happy to see this.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know you’d like to think that. A lot, but it doesn’t.

It does.

When looking back at champions historically if a weaker team wins because the better team was injured that would factor in when you are ranking the top champions of all time.

It doesn't change the fact that they would be champions but in terms of comparing them to other champions as I did it would be a factor. I think the quality of teams you beat adds to your quality of championships. I think that plays a part in why those Laker and Celtic teams of the 80s are looked at so fondly because of the amazing battles they had against each other as great teams.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I understand you’re really trying to come across that way, but the teaching and flailing away for excuses and offhanded attempts at put downs and insults to the raptors make it clear. You most definitely are not happy to see this.

I would rather see the Warriors win but that is much different from being angry.

I know that from behind your keyboard with zero knowledge of me you want to try and paint me as angry but it is clear you have no idea.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Are you aware how lucky the Warriors got with injuries to opponents in 2015, 2017, and 2018?

I think they were better than each one of those teams and would have won anyways so not really that lucky and certainly not similar to this situation.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I think they were better than each one of those teams and would have won anyways so not really that lucky and certainly not similar to this situation.
LeBron James and a bunch of bench players took the Warriors to six games in 2015. What happened the next year when the Cavs were healthy?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
LeBron James and a bunch of bench players took the Warriors to six games in 2015. What happened the next year when the Cavs were healthy?

LeBron went legendary and beat the Warriors in 7.

Health had nothing to do with those series.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Warriors without Durant = not fair
Cavaliers without Love and Irving = didn't change the series

Ok pal.

Who said not fair?

And with the way that Love took games off with the Cavs I am not sure he was a big game changer.

And I say that as a guy that was really cheering for the Cavs in those series as I thought a lot of the crap that LeBron got was unfair.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Who said not fair?

And with the way that Love took games off with the Cavs I am not sure he was a big game changer.

And I say that as a guy that was really cheering for the Cavs in those series as I thought a lot of the crap that LeBron got was unfair.
Who's the one complaining in here about legitimacy if the Raptors win this year?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Great stuff for the Raptors. I expect that they may come out a bit shaky on offence in game 5, but nothing worse than the start of game 4. The good thing is that the defence should still be there.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It does.

When looking back at champions historically if a weaker team wins because the better team was injured that would factor in when you are ranking the top champions of all time.

It doesn't change the fact that they would be champions but in terms of comparing them to other champions as I did it would be a factor. I think the quality of teams you beat adds to your quality of championships. I think that plays a part in why those Laker and Celtic teams of the 80s are looked at so fondly because of the amazing battles they had against each other as great teams.
This golden state team has had while on the 4-5 year run they’re been on-

Chris Paul hurt and missing when they beat a clippers team.

Chris Paul hurt her they barely beat a good rockets team.

Kawhi injures when they blew out the Spurs

And Kyrie and Kevin Love out beating Cleveland in a final.

It’s just so funny hearing the injury carbs being played in defence of this team especially.

They’ve been good no doubt, but they’ve had horseshoes up thier rears too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad