HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 3: The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Leskinen showed me he can play 4th line minutes in a pinch and was more effective than Reilly or Folin.

His play was encouraging and there may be some potential there, but he faced mostly AHL competition. I wouldn't want him to be pushed into a role he's not yet ready to perform.

Brook was pretty damn decent for his first camp and has more tools than all of them put together.

Same here. I don't mind him being a call-up later into the season, but right now he has some maturing to do.

Finally If Juulsen is able put time in in the AHL read play. He is certainly able to be called up.

True. But that's not certain at the moment. Let's postpone roster decisions until he's healthy and in good form.

RandR

May 15, 2011
The Habs didn't place anyone on waivers today and they still have to make one more cut. Assuming that Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are staying, then unless there is a trade by 5 pm tomorrow that means that either Poehling or Fleury will start the season in the AHL. I would guess Poehling goes down and Fleury stays up.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I think Poehling going down makes the most sense.

The injury being the main reason. Let him play top line minutes in the AHL and get some gametime in.

He'll be back up with the big club soon enough.

Jul 6, 2016
I would take a chance on Daniel Sprong. The kid scored 14 last season in Anaheim, lives in MTL.

Reactions: Redux91

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I'd put a claim for Daniel Sprong.
So would I. If not him, then go for BPA and send down both RP and Fleury and take a gamble on someone. Worst case scenario it doesn't work out and you put them back on waivers and call somebody up.

RandR

May 15, 2011
I wouldn't want Sprong on the Habs. Julien already has a heck of a time trying to figure out which linemates to stick Drouin with; they don't need another highly-skilled but also highly-selfish forward.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ho-Sang is not better than Hudon.
Ho-Sang is way more skilled than Hudon. He may like to talk a bit and think he should be given a chance, but I can’t agree with the whiny narrative. I think he can still contribute at the NHL level.

We won’t be the team to give him the opportunity, but a team like Edmonton should be all over that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I expect Hudon to be moved regardless. It's easier now that he has cleared waivers and I think they want to be loyal to him and allow him the opportunity to make it somewhere else.

I agree. Now that he's cleared could be what makes him more attractive to teams.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wouldn't want Sprong on the Habs. Julien already has a heck of a time trying to figure out which linemates to stick Drouin with; they don't need another highly-skilled but also highly-selfish forward.
Drouin and Sprong could work together like DD and Pacioretty used to. We just need a Cole for them :naughty:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Julien is not the dude for like more than half of NHL players. He needs a team built for him like Boston had. He's not a versatile coach at all.

He was the dude back in 05.

Now hes not.

He needs to get canned.

It doesnt seem like he was on the official roster no
NHL announces opening-day rosters for '11-12 season

Neither was Desharnais in 2010-2011, starting the season with Hamilton and getting called up in January

Youre right on DD. I just remembered he came on with Pouliot in mid season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Mike Rielly not on waivers is purely a demonstration of Bergevin being way too cocky to admit the mistake he made by signing him to a 2 year contract. Either that, or either Rielly or Folin will be traded soon. Let's hope it's the latter.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ho-Sang is way more skilled than Hudon. He may like to talk a bit and think he should be given a chance, but I can’t agree with the whiny narrative. I think he can still contribute at the NHL level.

We won’t be the team to give him the opportunity, but a team like Edmonton should be all over that.

By which objective measure is he better?
Also, keep in mind Hudon is our 16th forward or something to that effect. He isn't the guy Ho-Sang has to beat.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh, regarding Sprong : On one hand, he's still a VERY young player that could do a decent job with the appropriate minutes and/or sheltering, and who may even have some room to grow.

On the other : He's been waived by what's possibly the worst offensive team in the whole league, and one would think they'd need him.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Mike Rielly not on waivers is purely a demonstration of Bergevin being way too cocky to admit the mistake he made by signing him to a 2 year contract. Either that, or either Rielly or Folin will be traded soon. Let's hope it's the latter.

Or its because if an injury happened to one of our LHD we'd have one of Xavier Ouellet or Karl Alzner playing in our top 6. Reilly isn't anything special, but he's an upgrade over those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce