HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Training Camp Part 3: The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Wrong. Poehling is much smarter in his puck management than the Dunno.

You have often said that Danault is a turnover machine, something people say about Drouin as well. Funny thing is, with Drouin (and Galch before him) the turnovers show up as GA and a poor +/-. I'm not so sure Danault makes as many giveaways as you claim since his line gives up less GAs than average.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Juulsen is placed on IR, while Teasdale, Olofsson, and McCarron are placed on SOIR (Season-Opening IR).

For those who may not be familiar, if placed on SOIR but did not play any NHL games the previous season, the full cap is removed. The reason this is done is because Teasdale, Olofsson, and McCarron, being injured, can't be sent down to the minors, so, technically, they are still with the Habs. And in order for their cap hits not to count, they needed to be placed on SOIR.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Perfect, but if a 50 point player gets $6M, then you might as well keep Danault because he gives you good defence on top of the points.

I'd rather move Drouin for futures and gain the same money.

Also, I don't really want Poehling on the 3rd line, but rather at 1LW or 2LW creating space for either Caufield or Suzuki, adding speed to KK's line or size to Domi's.

Why have Danault at 6m on a 3rd line when Poehling can do the same thing for ELC money ? Its just not wise investment.

You have often said that Danault is a turnover machine, something people say about Drouin as well. Funny thing is, with Drouin (and Galch before him) the turnovers show up as GA and a poor +/-. I'm not so sure Danault makes as many giveaways as you claim since his line gives up less GAs than average.

Danaults turnover happen in the Ozone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad