HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
The easy option is to send Suzuki to the AHL. I'm sure he'll produce a whole lot there and people will start to chill. He'll have more time to get better at physical plays and along the boards too there. We're not in a rush. Plus, he's got siiiiick feeds. He's gonna be a NHLer.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Some players perform no matter who their linemates are... Crosby for example. For the Habs, guys like Danault, Shaw and Byron play well be it on the 1st line or 3rd line.

For others, their game lends itself much better when playing with linemates who are creative and visceral. Suzuki is that type of player in my opinion. Play him with Weal and Thompson and you won't see his talent and vision much. Play him with Tatar and Gally or Drouin or even Armia, and he'll create offensive chances continuously. Just my opinion.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
I’m always trying to figure out where I stand with Suzuki but are we sure that he isn’t elite? Will be interesting to see how he develops at pro level this year

We (I'm) are effectively not sur he isn't elite and I really hope he his. We'll see, but everytime I see him play, I find it frustrating to see the lack of dynamism and the way he loses a lot of puck battle. And winnging puck battles is a very big part of being an elite NHLer, otherwise, you never have the puck to show those elite skills.

But some succed, let's hope he does.

Reactions: Gally11

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Is it me or does Romanov seems bigger....wow....On my way to look incredibly wrong about this pick.

Wow, what a beautiful skater! I like how smooth and effortlessly he covers the ice if you know what I mean. Did he just remind me a little of a younger Subban in the way he skated there? Maybe i'm wrong.

Reactions: Whitesnake

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
As predicted Suzuki getting bashed all over. He is just never going to be a bulldog... get used to it and try to appreciate his own type of determination... and all the sick feeds to open players!
I just keep picturing Suzuki on the right half wall of the PP feeding Caufield cross ice on the left half wall.

With Suzuki's ability to manipulate shooting and passing angles...

That could be a dangerous combo on the PP

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
As predicted Suzuki getting bashed all over. He is just never going to be a bulldog... get used to it and try to appreciate his own type of determination... and all the sick feeds to open players!

I will greatly appreciate it when he has success in the NHL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad