HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Really impressed by the skill this year. Probably the highest its been since the Gainey-Savard-Timmins years which gave us a ton of NHL games.

Not sure why people are worried about Suzuki. I thought he looked head and shoulders above everyone else along with Poehling. His skill and IQ are insane. Star level and thats what he'll be if his game translates. He just thinks at a higher level and it shows with his outstanding defensive play as well.

Poehling is awesome too and its good to see the skill on Brook, Harris, Struble and Fairbrother.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Someone knows if it will have a tournament prospects this september? Like the last 2 years

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah it’s clear Suzuki thinks at another level. He needs to play with NHLers and within a system. He’s going to be limited in this type of pond hockey with strangers.

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
#PlayersPos.Sh.Date & Place of BirthAcquired2018-19 - Reg. Season
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defensemen

46BROOK, Josh !DD/R17/06/99 - Yorktown, SKRep. 2017 Draft (56)Moose Jaw (WHL)
Laval (AHL)
Canada (WJC)
59FAIRBROTHER, GianniDG/L30/09/00 - North Vancouver, BCRep. 2019 Draft (77)Everett (WHL)
83FLEURY, Cale !DD/R19/11/98 - Regina, SKRep. 2017 Draft (87)Laval (AHL)
82HARRIS, JordanDG/L07/07/00 - Haverhill, MARep. 2018 Draft (71)Northeastern (Hockey East)
72LEGUERRIER, JacobDG/L22/11/00 - Gloucester, ONRep. 2019 Draft (126)Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
44LESKINEN, Otto !DG/L06/02/97 - Pieksämäki, FIJoueur aut. / F. agent (07/05/19)KalPa (Liiga)
64MERISIER-ORTIZ, ChristopherDG/L17/01/01 - Boisbriand, QCInvitation / Try-OutBaie-Comeau (LHJMQ)
91PLOUFFE, DylanDG/L27/04/99 - Sherwood Park, ABInvitation / Try-OutVancouver (WHL)
74STRUBLE, JaydenDG/L09/08/01 - Cumberland, RIRep. 2019 Draft (46)St. Sebastian's (USHS-Prep)
79YORK, JackDD/R17/01/00 - Ottawa, ONInvitation / Try-OutBarrie (OHL)
Kitchener (OHL)
#PlayersPos.Sh.Date & Place of BirthAcquired2018-19 - Reg. Season
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goaltenders

80DICHOW, FrederikG/L01/03/01 - Vojens, DKRep. 2019 Draft (138)SønderjyskE (Denmark)
37LACOUVEE, ConnorG/L24/05/94 - Qualicum Beach, BCJoueur aut. AHL F. agent (07/02/19)Laval (AHL)
Utica (AHL)
Maine (ECHL)
95MOLLOT-HILL, GabrielG/L12/08/97 - Ottawa, ONInvitation / Try-OutProvidence (Hockey East)
30PRIMEAU, Cayden !G/L11/08/99 - Voorhees, NJRep. 2017 Draft (199)Northeastern (Hockey East)
États-Unis (WJC)
35PURPURA, VincentD/R29/10/98 - Lemont, ILInvitation / Try-OutOmaha (USHL)
Youngstown (USHL)
Boston U. (Hockey East)
98SHANK, AlexisG/L10/02/00 - Laval, QCInvitation / Try-OutChicoutimi (LHJMQ)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You guys are on the ball! great job,now quick,what they have for breakfast. lol.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
The kid is a cerebral player, he's not a Gally or a CC, he will always try to slow down the game and make a play. Buckle up, buddy!
I just want to see more urgency in his game, even cerebral players constantly move their feet in the NHL. I love his skillset and Im confident he will adapt to the pro game.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I don't understand the hate. Suzuki is a high IQ players, methodical, effective player. He will show his worth. Poehling is more in your face : big, strong skater, great hands.

I think the hater will soon shut up when he is in the NHL. A bit like Kotkaniemi shut down the hater.
LOL who is hating? He just needs to bring it more - that type of soft play doesn't work in the NHL.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LOL who is hating? He just needs to bring it more - that type of soft play doesn't work in the NHL.
Which soft play exactly? What I have seen is a smart mature play. He is making great decision and he is slowing down the play to open up the ice.

If you expect him to turn into another gallagher you are due for huge dissapointement.

Reactions: Habssince89

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Which soft play exactly? What I have seen is a smart mature play. He is making great decision and he is slowing down the play to open up the ice.

If you expect him to turn into another gallagher you are due for huge dissapointement.

A refresher who this is about please.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Perhaps urgency is a better word than soft. Obviously not expecting Gallagher.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Kinda worried about Suzuki - not sure his lack of grit will translate to the NHL - Poehling looks like a beauty pick tho.

You don't need to have grit to become an nhler or even a star player. Kucherov and Matthews aren't gritty players for example.

If you expect suzuki to be tough, win hard board battles and throw hits, you will be disappointed. That's not his game.
Expect more a galchenyuk/drouin type player with hopefully more offense and better defensive awareness.

Reactions: Olden

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Suzuki was not even trying...

His whole performance could be resumed to "Wtf am I even doing here?".

Poehling though is captain material!

Wtf is he doing there? Trying to prove the Habs don't have anybody to take a spot he covets. That's not what he's doing IMO.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
That is kinda my point, Poehling can, should and is dominating out there. There is no reason why Suzuki shouldn't be showing why he is too good for this camp.
However this is kinda typical overanalyzing for a June scrimmage game but just want to see more out of him.

Thing is, he was playing this way in trainig camp, in WJC and from the few Mem Cup games I watch, he was playing this way too. Very smart and talented players who is too passive and lose many puck battles.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
I don't understand the hate. Suzuki is a high IQ players, methodical, effective player. He will show his worth. Poehling is more in your face : big, strong skater, great hands.

I think the hater will soon shut up when he is in the NHL. A bit like Kotkaniemi shut down the hater.

You need to be f***ing elite to succeed in the NHL with that playing style.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
You need to be ****ing elite to succeed in the NHL with that playing style.

I’m always trying to figure out where I stand with Suzuki but are we sure that he isn’t elite? Will be interesting to see how he develops at pro level this year

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Honestly, my only pet peeve with Suzuki is that he's too generous at times. I don't want him to become Sergei Kostitsyn. He has a lethal shot and should use it more often. *

* Unless it means he develops Lapierre tunnel vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad