HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Everybody seem to think that it's Poehling or Suzuki to make it in the team. I think we are discounting Jesse Ylonen a bit rapidly here.
The good with Poehling is that he is ready to play a lot of different in the team right now. So I think the 2 others are behind him.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Well i havent seen the other 2 games but those that made a good impression on me were:

Ylonen - Great improvement, another year in Europe will bode him well
York - impressive vision for an invite
Caufield - Deceptive shot, always finds a way to sneak around the D, great passes
Pitlick - Fast & skilled
Poehling - Too strong and the effort wasn't even there
Brook - Money in the bank
Fairbrother - I thought this kid was just a stay at home D but hes got an offensive side to him as well
Oksentyuk - kid's got moves, needs to learn how to finish though

HM: Harris & Leskinen

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Everybody seem to think that it's Poehling or Suzuki to make it in the team. I think we are discounting Jesse Ylonen a bit rapidly here.

I think Poehling is the front runner (by a decent amount) out of those 3 to make the team.

Reactions: SOLR

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The scrimmage is already on... darn it. Oh well. Is that it for camp then?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Everybody seem to think that it's Poehling or Suzuki to make it in the team. I think we are discounting Jesse Ylonen a bit rapidly here (from what I saw in the games).

Strongly agree. Didn't even watch the camp. His game can really translate well imo.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Everybody seem to think that it's Poehling or Suzuki to make it in the team. I think we are discounting Jesse Ylonen a bit rapidly here (from what I saw in the games).
Yes- he looks good but he's signed for another year.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I just saw that York is 18years old. Is-it possible to sign him ?

He's a 2000 though, so really entering his 19 year old season in the O.

I have seen a ton of him over the years. On a positive, he improved a lot. He seems to be a quick study and he definitely has some puck moving skills. On the downside, he's a bit aloof in the defensive end and prone to many brain cramp moments. Also not the fastest or physically strongest guy. I give him a very low chance of being an NHL player, but he's not a lost cause by any stretch. It's up to him. But make no mistake, we're talking a fringe guy here in every regard. Hawel is similar, but at a different position. (Not play style, but potential).

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Strongly agree. Didn't even watch the camp. His game can really translate well imo.

I feel good about my first round ranking of him in 2018. He's a very safe bet to make the NHL, IMO, because he can be an effective player on the lower lines. It's just more opportunities for him. And he has the upside to be an excellent complementary top 6 forward.

Reactions: Redux91

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Caufield is so smart always one step a head always in moving. Speed, positioning, shooting, playmaking, even great defensively He was the best player on the ice today.
RHP and Oksentyuk also look pretty good.
Ylonen is fast seem light on is feet, didn’t seem to really push.
I knew Brook was good but Harris isn’t to far behind, he will be a good player.
No one look real bad but Suzuki was pretty disappointing, didn’t move is feet (except on is shout-out attempt) and even with the puck he didn’t create anything...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yes. However, the window is tricky. They have to sign him before the start of the OHL season I think ?

My bad. He didn't play in the CHL last year. Was just drafted into it a day ago, so that complicates things more to the point where the window has closed, or hasn't opened yet ?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No one look real bad but Suzuki was pretty disappointing, didn’t move is feet (except on is shout-out attempt) and even with the puck he didn’t create anything...
I am not sure you watched the same game as I did... Suzuki created at least 2 scoring chances all alone to his teammates that failed to convert. You can see that unlike his teammates that want to push and skate fast, Suzuki prefer setting play up and play a possession game.

Suzuki is not dynamic yes but to say he did not create anything is simly pure lies.

Also Poehling created 2 awful giveaway by trying to do to much, one created a breakaway and nobody say anything because Poehling is big and dynamic.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Yeah Poehling forced a lot of plays all through the 3 days. It's his game though and I won't fault him, he's a powerful guy. I'm sure he won't try those at the pro camp.

Suzuki was like 40-50% effort. Let's see later on.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I feel good about my first round ranking of him in 2018. He's a very safe bet to make the NHL, IMO, because he can be an effective player on the lower lines. It's just more opportunities for him. And he has the upside to be an excellent complementary top 6 forward.

Same, I've been raving about him on the prospect board before he got drafted. He has the skills to make risky plays but choose to make the safe plays more often than not. I see it as high IQ. When he's gonna feel confident enough to split the D and use his nifty hands in the danger zone more often is when it's gonna get interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->