HF Habs: 2019 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp (June 26-28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Paging user(see below). is this guy good? Can somebody tag him he seem's to know a lot about french prospects
@Belizarius
Hi,
Addamo is coming from a weak area for French hockey (Clermont, central France) and went to hockey hotbed Rouen to develop. He was captain for France U18.
As with all French prospect save Texier, he's going to be more of a late bloomer. Our development path is way slower than other countries, because our players needs to learn a lot in foreign countries (mostly skating, defensive game...)
Addamo is huge kid, 3rd year in NA. Tough player, with some nice hands.
France doesn't have a lot of this kind of tall and heavy winger so he definitely has a future in our NT.
Coming to Montreal summer camp is going to be a very good learning experience.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Is it the same Nicolas Guay kid who's been to several of our camps before ? I don't follow the Q much so I'm not familiar with the others but number wise that Merisier kid seems interesting, he's a former high pick out of minor hockey who doubled his production in 2 years .

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Lalancette confirmed later that Aspirot will be at the Sens' camp and not in Habs' camp.

He had a really good year at 18 here but I thought he was a bit under whelming at 19. I would have invited him, tho. He did go to the Sens camp in 2018 remember he hurt Evans lol.

Christopher Merisier-Ortiz at eliteprospects.com

He's going to Habs camp, though. I remember him in the Q draft in 2017. Good player wouldn't be mad if they took a look at him next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I updated the OP with some details on what year and what rank the players were drafted.

I also added where the players invited played and links to their Elite Prospects profiles.

I also added the names of those who will not attend.

Reactions: jaffy27

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Dylan Plouffe: NHL Draft: Dylan Plouffe - DraftGeek

Areas of Strength
  • Maturity
  • Physical Defensively
  • High Level Skater
Areas of Weakness
  • Discipline
  • Over Committing
  • Improving in All Area

"Not many other defensemen in the WHL play with the polish and maturity that Dylan Plouffe displays game in and game out. Plouffe has looked increasingly more comfortable in his ability to take over the game from the back end with every season that goes by, now managing the game from the back end better than any other undrafted 1999 defensemen during the 2018-2019 season. Plouffe is a hard nosed two-way defensemen that plays a tenacious stay at home game. Equipped with eye gazing mobility and fluid four-way skating, Plouffe is able to glide like a figure skater around the ice (with and without the puck) while accelerating with a long powerful stride, he abuses this talent in offensive end to adjust his shooting position on the blue line. I really like the intensity that Plouffe brings, he’s dialled in like a professional defensemen which allows him to never lose track of the puck whilst defending the rush. Scouts love players who display good body language and strong body positioning, Dylan Plouffe does just that. With a stocky bulking physique, Plouffe exploits his physical strengths defensively in every aspect he can. Dialled in attention to controlling the gap defensively and laying the body on a forward when he’s comfortable to step up, mirroring players one on one with shoulder to shoulder body positioning and once again using that dialled in mind set to star down his target before closing him off. Assertive defensively and strong-arming opposing players a lot the wall, he’s able to out muscle and outworking others for the puck. A quick puck retriever who doesn’t waste time in the transitional game, bursting below his goal line with speed and looking to rip the puck back up ice with his feet or a blistering pass. Purposeful with his puck touches, very efficient in his mechanic’s. Offensive Plouffe’s game is very structured, he’s not a flexible defensemen who uses his instincts but instead one that relies on following where his coach wants him to be a slipping down to the ringette line. Given how hulking of a defensemen Plouffe is, its no surprise he can absolutely hammer pucks on net from the blue line. It may not be as accurate as his wrist shot but its off his stick with intimidating power. I’d like to see him use his shot more often, he only wrists the puck when in stride as he seems more comfortable shooting off two feet rather than from an uncomfortable spot on his body. Overall there’s a lot to like with Plouffe, he’s very easy on the eyes as he commands the ice from the back end with his size to cut off the ice and has the smooth skating qualities of a much smaller defensemen. Plouffe still needs to improve in a lot of different areas like his offensive game and also in recovering defensively, I’d love to see a team take a chance on Plouffe at the draft before they regret not doing it eight months from now."

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Anyone follow Romanov on Instagram?

I was just coming to post this. I don't follow him (as I don't have an IG account). And if you go to his account, this isn't posted. So it's possible that you need an IG account to get more out of these accounts.

But for those who may not speak French, Lepage says that according to Romanov's IG account, he's in Montreal. So he may actually be at the Development Camp.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
I was just coming to post this. I don't follow him (as I don't have an IG account). And if you go to his account, this isn't posted. So it's possible that you need an IG account to get more out of these accounts.

But for those who may not speak French, Lepage says that according to Romanov's IG account, he's in Montreal. So he may actually be at the Development Camp.

Just checked it out, and it's his latest instagram story posted 3 hours ago, so this very much is legit.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just checked it out, and it's his latest instagram story posted 3 hours ago, so this very much is legit.

That would be so awesome. That definitely adds to the excitement of the camp.

With the prospect pool so deep and full of a lot of interesting prospects, we will have our fill of players to watch. Not to mention there will be players who are pro that should be there, too, like Brook, Poehling, Primeau, Fleury, I believe also Kotkaniemi.

neil2005

May 2, 2012

With the prospect pool so deep and full of a lot of interesting prospects, we will have our fill of players to watch. Not to mention there will be players who are pro that should be there, too, like Brook, Poehling, Primeau, Fleury, I believe also Kotkaniemi.
Im beyond shocked that he's actually in Montreal and possibly participating this week considering training camps in KHL start in a few weeks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Im beyond shocked that he's actually in Montreal and possibly participating this week considering training camps in KHL start in a few weeks.

Same here. I still have him listed as absent. So I'll wait until the official list is released tomorrow before I update it.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Is it a possibility that he start the season in MTL? Can we buyout his KHL contract?
Even if we could, I don't think we should.

One more year in the K could be very beneficial for his development.

Then again, if he looks absolutely stellar during the camp, maybe....

I'm not even sure it is actually possible to buy him out of his actual contract. Anyone has more insight?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

- Not Attending -
Alexander Romanov
(2018, 2nd R'd, 38th) - KHL
Mattias Norlinder (2019, 3rd R'd, 64th) - Injured
Arsen Khisamutdinov (2019, 6th R'd, 170th) - KHL

I understand Norlinder not attending due to his hand injury.

Romanov is apparently in town, so he might be there.

What about Arsen? He can't attend cause he's under contract or is there another reason?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

KK's gonna be there? Wow. Didn't expect that. No Suzuki though? This is the most stacked we've ever been IDGAF! Caufield, KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Brook, Romanov, Primeau? You kidding me? Our 2-7 rounds this year are weird but still pretty damn intriguing. Then Ylonen, Ikonen, Fleury, Teasdale too? So fun right now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I understand Norlinder not attending due to his hand injury.

Romanov is apparently in town, so he might be there.

What about Arsen? He can't attend cause he's under contract or is there another reason?

I'm not sure, really. I thought that Romanov won't be there due to KHL. Now we know he's in town.

As for Arsen, Timmins said he doesn't think he'll be there. He didn't specify why. So I went and guessed it's because of his KHL commitments, same as Romanov.

But now that it looks like Romanov will be there, I have no idea why Arsen won't.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is it a possibility that he start the season in MTL? Can we buyout his KHL contract?

The Habs can't buy his contract out. The player can himself. But the team has to agree to let him go. I would be surprised if CSKA does that. Pleasantly surprised, I might add.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
KK's gonna be there? Wow. Didn't expect that. No Suzuki though? This is the most stacked we've ever been IDGAF! Caufield, KK, Suzuki, Poehling, Brook, Romanov, Primeau? You kidding me? Our 2-7 rounds this year are weird but still pretty damn intriguing. Then Ylonen, Ikonen, Fleury, Teasdale too? So fun right now.

I don't remember the rules for development camp. I think after a certain amount of times you attend it, you are no longer considered a "prospect" or something like that.

I could be mistaken so don't take my word for it exactly. We'll see when the Habs release the roster.

As for the 2019 class, it may have been initially a weird one, but after a few days to digest the picks and gather some more info, I'm liking it. It is intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad