GDT: 2019 MLB Regular Season Thread (Part VI): Final weekend

darko

Feb 16, 2009
You have to feel for one of the AL wildcard chasing teams. All 3 could win 95+ games yet one of them goes home empty handed.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You have to feel for one of the AL wildcard chasing teams. All 3 could win 95+ games yet one of them goes home empty handed.

CLE- 93 wins
OAK, TB- 95 wins

The Cardinals can only go as high as 93 wins

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
chapman saved the A's season

still, 3 runs in 2 games against the trout and ohtani-less angels? A's offense has stalled at the worst possible time

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
chapman saved the A's season

still, 3 runs in 2 games against the trout and ohtani-less angels? A's offense has stalled at the worst possible time
They scored 5, but your point remains. Hopefully Chappy's blast loosens them up a bit.

It's too bad Montas isn't available for the playoffs. What a huge quality start after missing half the season.

Sep 19, 2008
The funniest thing about this is a Philly athlete saying he can't handle booing from other fans. You're from Philly, idiot. You're supposed to embrace the "tough love". :rolleyes:

Sep 19, 2008
^go Brewers
Harper threw a fit when some Nat fan allegedly yelled at him "Your son is disappointed at you." :laugh: How can he be disappointed in him he's like 3 weeks old :laugh:

That's not offensive at all

That's ridiculously funny :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
EFY3AAhWsAES5pc

Philly fans have class? :huh:

The same Philly fans that booed Crosby during a PSA during the game? Even though he was talking about curing cancer? Those Philly fans?

Sep 19, 2008
Man you are taking the breakup hard Roman

Its time to move on from Bryce
Philly is a terrible city and their fans are even worse. Yet Bryce has the nerve to complain because his kid was brought up in a game. If someone said his kid sucks or is stupid or has a disability, THAT is crossing the line. Heck, even mocking Bryce's Mormon faith is crossing the line. "Your son is disappointed in you" is barely an insult especially when it's a baby. If his son is like 3+ then I can see it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Harper threw a fit when some Nat fan allegedly yelled at him "Your son is disappointed at you." :laugh: How can he be disappointed in him he's like 3 weeks old :laugh:

That's not offensive at all

That's ridiculously funny :laugh:
It's funny, but I can see why it would bother them.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
I ****ing despise the Tampa Bay Rays so ****ing much. Literal pain in the ass.

They were my bandwagon team in 08. That run was downright magical and a damn shame they went close but no cigar.

Nowadays I often times forgot they even existed.... until Austin Meadowes blew up this year.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Nowadays I often times forgot they even existed....

You, and apparently the 18th largest metropolitan area in the United States.

The 2019 Rays are a 95-win team with one series left to play and drew fewer fans per game to the Trop than the raging dumpster fire of a 2018-19 Devils team [without Taylor Hall for most of the season] drew per game to Prudential Center.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I can see why it would bother Harper. It’s like one of the mildest things you can say about a family member but just leave family out of it. You can say whatever you want about me.

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
I can see why it would bother Harper. It’s like one of the mildest things you can say about a family member but just leave family out of it. You can say whatever you want about me.

I agree that it's a little bit in bad taste overall.

But on another note- **** the Phillies and their arrogant fans who spent all of last spring telling us all how their drunken sailor approach to free agency was gonna render them to be NL version of the Astros.

**** Bryce Harper for chasing big money in a bigger market on a divisional rival.

There is nothing that gladdens my heart more than when MLB offseason braggadaciousness is put to rest.

Reactions: Roman Fell

TrueTT

Dec 12, 2018
Guelph, ON
That said, I hate an LAA fan I hate Oakland and hope my boys Meadowes and Pham wipe them out next week. Hoping for either the Rays or Twins to go far in the AL.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the Astros win another one.

Anyone but the Dodgers or Yankees, please for ****s sake. Especially the Dodgers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad