Prospect Info: 2019 Maple Leafs Development Camp

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
According to Danish media, Oliver Joakim Larsen, Will attend, Maple Leafs’ development Camp.

Oliver Joakim Larsen at eliteprospects.com

2019-04-13-danmark-vs-finland-433.jpg

tenor.gif

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Personally, I had him going undrafted, but being a priority UDFA invite (like he is now). The skating-size combination is way too much of a question mark with the number of other quality prospects. That being said, he was less "undraftable" worthy than a number of guys who ended up getting drafted so who knows really. All I know is MTL picked a guy who was still in AAA (and not even doing well) over this guy so draft boards be damned.
There are many sweat heart deals done in last couple rounds of both OHL and NHL drafts. I don't want to get into it really but if you are in hockey you know.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Best kid on ice is the Russian kid. If he goes back to junior i think it is a mistake. He is ready for AHL for sure maybe higher.

I think both SDA and Abramov are stuck in the CHL or need to go overseas. But definitely curious which one you're talking about.

EDIT: Abramov was an import pick, he could go to the AHL like Sandin I believe? Unless thats a 1st round pick rule?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think both SDA and Abramov are stuck in the CHL or need to go overseas. But definitely curious which one you're talking about.

SDA yes, Abramov no.

SDA wasn't an Import Pick. He was considered a part of the Canadian system (same as Gogolev). Abramov was an Import pick out of Russia, so he does count.

Abramov isn't at camp though and he needs more time in the CHL anyways. At least for next year. Really, SDA needs to show up for more than development camp before going to the pros himself too. But he has to go to the OHL next year anyways.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
SDA yes, Abramov no.

SDA wasn't an Import Pick. He was considered a part of the Canadian system (same as Gogolev). Abramov was an Import pick out of Russia, so he does count.

Abramov isn't at camp though and he needs more time in the CHL anyways. At least for next year. Really, SDA needs to show up for more than development camp before going to the pros himself too. But he has to go to the OHL next year anyways.

How nice would it be seeing Robertson and SDA just absolutely tear up the OHL together next season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
There are many sweat heart deals done in last couple rounds of both OHL and NHL drafts. I don't want to get into it really but if you are in hockey you know.

OHL yes, because there are 15 rounds and often you don't get much in the later rounds anyways. NHL, no. Not unless that guy is still worth a pick. Even a 7th is valuable in the NHL. If that guy is total crap, he's not getting drafted.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Der-Argu .... is the kid. Such a smooth skater and he can really move with puck. Amazing hands too. Stick to foot to stick around d men with ease. I don't see anyone else even close to him.

He's still very young

I'd send him back to the OHL, he finished the season in the ECHL and didn't set the league in fire so i'd be careful with him still

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
OHL yes, because there are 15 rounds and often you don't get much in the later rounds anyways. NHL, no. Not unless that guy is still worth a pick. Even a 7th is valuable in the NHL. If that guy is total crap, he's not getting drafted.
Like I said I don't want to drop a list of names here because you know who they are. But take a look at family/friends going in the 7th round over the years. There are so many favors going on. It has gotten better because less rounds than in 80s and 90s.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Der-Argu .... is the kid. Such a smooth skater and he can really move with puck. Amazing hands too. Stick to foot to stick around d men with ease. I don't see anyone else even close to him.
There seems to be a disconnect between how SDA looks around camp with the Leafs, and how he played on the Petes. I think despite his down season, he's still a talented player with some real upside

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He's still very young

I'd send him back to the OHL, he finished the season in the ECHL and didn't set the league in fire so i'd be careful with him still
More time to get more confidence is fine too i guess. I like that we have backup for Marner, Willy with Bracco and now Der-Argu.... these kids really see the ice well and so skilled. If we lose one of them to injury we have backup.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
More time to get more confidence is fine too i guess. I like that we have backup for Marner, Willy with Bracco and now Der-Argu.... these kids really see the ice well and so skilled. If we lose one of them to injury we have backup.

Kids got a great set of hands, I could see him and Robertson have one hell of a fun time in the OHL next season

I just think we need to be careful with these kids

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

It's crazy how good he looks in development camp, rookie camp, and big camp, but how bad he reportedly was in the OHL last season.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kids got a great set of hands, I could see him and Robertson have one hell of a fun time in the OHL next season

I just think we need to be careful with these kids
Agreed... did u see that move around net today? Full speed with puck around net on his backhand lifts up puck and stick and then off crossbar under goalies arm and in. I wonder if he can do that in a game? It was over his shoulder so it would not count but holy heck that was Datsuk level.

Reactions: Kiwi

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
There seems to be a disconnect between how SDA looks around camp with the Leafs, and how he played on the Petes. I think despite his down season, he's still a talented player with some real upside
Peterborough isn't known for being a great development spot (at least as of late). Sucks for us as we have two guys there next season that we are hoping will take great strides.

It's a big reason for why Cuylle wouldn't report last year.

Reactions: bonjovi0308

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
It's crazy how good he looks in development camp, rookie camp, and big camp, but how bad he reportedly was in the OHL last season.

He wasn't bad in the OHL last year, points aren't everything. He was simply on a complete dumpster of a team. This year should be a good indication for where he's at.

I watched him play all 4 times against my hometown Wolves last year, he was fantastic. Think he had 7 in 4 games, Robertson 5 in 4.

I expect 80+ from both this year. Peterborough should be much improved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad