Prospect Info: 2019 Maple Leafs Development Camp

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Brazeau and Der-arg....... looked really good today up front. Braz some nice snipes and rocked a couple guys. Der-arg is sweet skater and soft hands. 2 guys who may surprise at main camp. At very least gives us a couple more guys in AHL who can develop and bolster the system.
Brazeau is a Beast.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hard to tell mostly skating and puck drills yesterday. I think they are scrimmaging today or Saturday I heard. Brazeau is huge, has a presence on the ice and certainly looks like top 3 in this camp. But the Russian kid is by far the most skilled in camp. It is not even remotely close. He has another gear compared to everyone else and he can control puck well when he blasts off. I am really excited we got him. JT went on ice and skated for a bit after camp ended. Good to see him back even if only for e few minutes.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hard to tell mostly skating and puck drills yesterday. I think they are scrimmaging today or Saturday I heard. Brazeau is huge, has a presence on the ice and certainly looks like top 3 in this camp. But the Russian kid is by far the most skilled in camp. It is not even remotely close. He has another gear compared to everyone else and he can control puck well when he blasts off. I am really excited we got him. JT went on ice and skated for a bit after camp ended. Good to see him back even if only for e few minutes.

SDA I presume? That's great, but he needs to show up in the regular season.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
These camps mean nothing. I remember Sondre Olden looking like a diamond in the rough a few years back and got everybody excited. Look how that turned out.

Reactions: showtime8

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
These camps mean nothing. I remember Sondre Olden looking like a diamond in the rough a few years back and got everybody excited. Look how that turned out.

If it meant nothing, they wouldn't be doing it...

Mean nothing in regards to projecting which prospect will have future success? Perhaps...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Yes there is always a few Alexander Daigles out there but they are rare. My point was we always need to replenish our highly skilled guys in system and then develop them. Guys that are a step faster than everyone else and possess elite puck skills are hard to come by. Does not mean they will be good nhl hockey players but at least the raw skill is there. You could see the skill even at main camp last year but with the young kids it is obvious.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

Mean nothing in regards to projecting which prospect will have future success? Perhaps...

I remember the Leafs held these camps and actually found Trevor Moore from it.

So while some of these guys probably haven't been on the ice in months, you show the kids what it's like in the Leafs organization.

Lenovs

Worst Pace Scenario
Oct 3, 2018
Vienna
fun fact: olden is currently playing for my hometown club in vienna, he put up 18 goals and 20 assists last season when the capitals finished 2nd. i liked the signing. ;)

Reactions: Lauro

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Well if someone is using them for that then that's their fault. It's like declaring someone a defensive beast because they have a positive +/-.

These camps are primarily there to help young players who come from different backgrounds be taught how nutrition works, what exercise they should be doing, and get evaluated for strengths and weakness and given steps to work on getting them to the NHL.

Beyond that, the scrimmage is just a chance to play with some potential future linemates and to allow the players themselves to see where they stack up to their peers.

Seeing SDA wreck the place for example might light a fire under someone who is competitive to surpass him and earn an ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad