GDT: 2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Who are you looking forward to the most if they represent their country?

• Sweden: Philip Broberg, D [2019 Draft]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA: Evan Barratt, C [Blackhawks - 90th overall in 2017]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So much of the Finland talk leading up to the tournament was focused on which players are unavailable and how undermanned they are and now they're going to play for Gold. It didn't start off great for them but they're playing their best hockey at the right time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
On a related note, the Avs might have had DiPietro too, you never know. He was taken the pick after the Avs 3rd that they wasted on Gelinas.

They took a goalie in Kvaca with their second 4th after Henry.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They say pimpin ain't easy but what they dont tell you is that it's much much more difficult being a prostitute.

That's a business where you just get screwed on a sale so often that I don't know that it's worth it.

He took them off the street and put them in massage parlors.
He owned 2 massage parlors (plus an adult motel, adult book store, dating services, etc).
The girls didn't get ripped off for the money, except when it was the vice squad demanding freebies. They didn't get beat up, either. He had goons stationed around the business to keep them safe.

I started watching some series on HBO (think it was HBO), that was built around the exact same story.
Hit too close to home, so I didn't watch more than an episode or 3.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
He took them off the street and put them in massage parlors.
He owned 2 massage parlors (plus an adult motel, adult book store, dating services, etc).
The girls didn't get ripped off for the money, except when it was the vice squad demanding freebies. They didn't get beat up, either. He had goons stationed around the business to keep them safe.

I started watching some series on HBO (think it was HBO), that was built around the exact same story.
Hit too close to home, so I didn't watch more than an episode or 3.
Btw I was just joking. It sounds like your father did it respectably and fairly. The problems in that industry are mostly because its unregulated and underground so this makes it hard to properly regulate working conditions.

Didnt mean any disrespect to your father btw.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Btw I was just joking. It sounds like your father did it respectably and fairly. The problems in that industry are mostly because its unregulated and underground so this makes it hard to properly regulate working conditions.

Didnt mean any disrespect to your father btw.

No worries, man.
He's never been a particularly nice person.
He's done A LOT worse than that.

Reactions: avsfan09

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Yeah Canada is going to steamroll that team if they even play.

Jack Hughes 3rd line lw lolololol , that's 1 ugly roster

Yeah meanwhile Jack Hughes was awful . Canada will smoke the US by a touchdown .

Not to be too unoriginal but, these aged well...

Dude, I've been a lurker here for close to 10 years now and in that whole time I've never seen someone be so sure of themselves while being wrong on literally everything at the same time.

I'm an extremely superstitious person so can you please start posting that the Avs will never win a cup in the next 10 years? Not even joking. If you say that as a fact then I have no doubt they'll end up being a dynasty.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: cgf and shadow1

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know one game doesn’t settle the future, but I absolutely love when kids show up to play in big games (Nate vs Jones mem Cup). I’m going to put a lot of weight on tonight’s performance by Kakko and Hughes. It might be unfair of me to base so much on one game, but I’m doing it anyway.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I know one game doesn’t settle the future, but I absolutely love when kids show up to play in big games (Nate vs Jones mem Cup). I’m going to put a lot of weight on tonight’s performance by Kakko and Hughes. It might be unfair of me to base so much on one game, but I’m doing it anyway.
Being a big game player is huge. Can't win a thing if the top guys shrink when the spotlight is on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad