2019 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship | Finland has defeated USA to win gold!

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
As an aside, how many Canadian world junior starting goalies have gone on to have successful NHL careers. Price? I guess Allen but he kind of sucks.
True. I don't put a ton of stock in it. But Canada has had a dearth of elite goaltending prospects for some time now.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
He failed to Woo the team Canada brass...
Qn5N.gif

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
It's been a constant barrage from TSN of "Goaltending position up for grabs?" "Isn't Scott great?" "Here's all the reasons Scott is great!" "Dipietro has no margin for error!" etc...You can tell who they are rooting for.

Hoping for Dipietro as well, but Scott has to be the fave with the insane numbers he's put up this year.

Reactions: Hodgy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Madden had a GLORIOUS chance a few minutes ago. Dang

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
5 mins in, you can tell the Hughes brothers are the two best skaters in this game, probably the entire tournament too.

Would say you’d be the only one to draw that conclusion from the first 5 minutes of this one. Quinn had literally 1 shift and never had the pick lol

Reactions: geebaan

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Might just be me, but Team USA looks like a bunch of skilled players not used to using their teammates. Just individual play after individual play. If they just slowed the game down a little bit I think they'd have potted at least one goal that period.

Reactions: geebaan

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Might just be me, but Team USA looks like a bunch of skilled players not used to using their teammates. Just individual play after individual play. If they just slowed the game down a little bit I think they'd have potted at least one goal that period.

That’s what I got from that period as well. Only chemistry I see is between Wahlstrom and Hughes.

Reactions: geebaan and Norade

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hughes is going to get absolutely bullied and pushed around in the NHL downlow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad