GDT: 2019 IIHF World Championship II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Sorry to intervene with your guys’ thread. But this is so false. The guy is a twig actually look at some off-ice pics. In fact, I’d say Kakko has more room to grow physically given his frame, but hey, I guess you know your stuff!

I love how you say you have no bias, but this is honestly hilarious

The guy you are talking to is downplaying Kakko to the point I actually believe its Hughes himself…. :D

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
WRONG

I have been a hughes guy since the lottery. miss me with that.

You literally mention Kakko as the best player at the WC when thats definitely not true, and ignored the fact that Hughes set multiple records this year and is his career and a storied program. If you are going to paint one player in a fantastic light then you cannot dismiss another ones accomplishments and just not mention the others.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Clearly not anymore by your posts. They are obviously one sided
Since WJC Kakko has been way more impressive... and he is a SIGNIFICANTLY better hockey player right now. I'm just stating facts.

I wouldn't be upset with Kakko, but currently I would probably still prefer Hughes. alot of you are making excuses trying to discredit what Kakko is doing right now.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
You literally mention Kakko as the best player at the WC when thats definitely not true, and ignored the fact that Hughes set multiple records this year and is his career and a storied program. If you are going to paint one player in a fantastic light then you cannot dismiss another ones accomplishments and just not mention the others.

He's at worst a top 5 player in this tournament right now... the numbers dont lie.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Since WJC Kakko has been way more impressive... and he is a SIGNIFICANTLY better hockey player right now. I'm just stating facts.

I wouldn't be upset with Kakko, but currently I would probably still prefer Hughes. alot of you are making excuses trying to discredit what Kakko is doing right now.
No YOURE making excuses to discredit Jack and hype up Kakko now.

'below average competition' to discredit Jack's historic records in the USHL. What next, his team was too strong and we should discredit his U18s record?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

kakko didn't WJC

and you are right, this tournament he's better

but i'm telling you, NO ONE IS DISCREDITING KAKKO. it's never been that

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
A twig?

Im guessing all of your friends at 18 were 6’1” 190lbs?

Did you live next to a horse tranquilizer facility?

Kakko has little bit "babyfat" on him. You seem to repeat how Hughes will get stronger and physical. He will never be a strong player, its not his thing.

This arguing is so dumb in here. We are talking about 2 very different players.

Reactions: mdj12784

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
A twig?

Im guessing all of your friends at 18 were 6’1” 190lbs?

Did you live next to a horse tranquilizer facility?
6’2” 180lbs is apparently closer to the truth.
And the kid is really small given the strenght that he’d got. Go look at the ”leijonat” instagram story where they play football before the game tonight. No muscle what so ever. I won’t argue since I know you have no intention of giving up :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The joke is that almost all Devils fans universally agree the Kakko looks great but the narrative for some people is that Devils fans are crapping on Kakko.

Yeah generally the Hughes fans give Kakko his due (other than saying he's in the discussion for the #1 pick which is somehow tantamount to bashing him) while the Kakko fans downplay Hughes at every turn.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

'below average competition' to discredit Jack's historic records in the USHL. What next, his team was too strong and we should discredit his U18s record?
1f914.png

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

i mean come on... lets not ignore the obvious. When is the last time a touted 1OV played his draft year with the development team?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
i mean come on... lets not ignore the obvious. When is the last time a touted 1OV played his draft year with the development team?
When was the last time the 1st overall was young enough?

What now, we shouldnt draft Jack because hes too young to join the big boys? Dumb ass kid just got his cage off! Should have taken it off months ago like a man

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
IT'S ME, NEW JERSEY, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG NEW JERSEY

I seriously don't think fans would know how to react if Shero and company kept up the Hughes whisper campaign till the night of the draft then suddenly picked Kakko with the same level of secrecy that Lou had with the Cory trade.

Reactions: OmNomNom

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
When was the last time the 1st overall was young enough?

What now, we shouldnt draft Jack because hes too young to join the big boys? Dumb ass kid just got his cage off! Should have taken it off months ago like a man
all im saying is right now Kakko is the better player and its not close. Long term, i still think jack has a higher ceiling. dont jump off the ledge

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
What would kanes numbers have been if he stayed with the US team that year have looked like is what I'm saying..
So once again - youre ignoring the fact that Jack broke the record IN HIS FIRST YEAR IN THE USHL. The same age everyone else played for the USHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad