GDT: 2019 IIHF U20 WJC (HF Sharks)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
There's a player named David Aebischer on Switzerland. I have no idea if he's related to the former Avs goalie, but it's definitely making me feel old.

I heard his name announced during pregame and figured he was the coach. Then i saw him on the ice. I bet he's not related though. Otherwise I'd figure him to be a "jr"

What makes me feel old is the Czech coaching staff: Vaclav Varada and Patrik Elias.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Shout out to the poor dude at this game wearing a Finland jersey. Not only is he at the wrong game, he's not even in the right city.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Czech goalie is randomly clapping his stick on the ice when play is away from him and I can't figure out why. It's not expiring penalties, doesn't seem like he's alerting the D to cherry pickers in the o-zone, and doesn't coincide with anything. But every so often he just gives 2 quick claps.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It figures the two Swiss players i liked are already nhl rights-held.

Oh well. Time to watch some fireworks. Either Denmark gets throttled or the Canadian fans will riot.

If Denmark doesn't get the doors blown off them and you never hear from me again, you'll know why.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
All the guys interviewed in TSN's preview said it's a "good song". (I had to look it up on YT. Video is barely PG13.)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well, they're dumb kids, so it's not like they know any better.

Pitbull is awful though. He makes me feel like I need to take a shower though. He's so sleazy.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In actual hockey related talk, Joe Veleno is an insult to exceptional player status. Dude has the hockey sense of a cheese sandwich.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Also, I now claim this thread as my own. :laugh:
I was hoping it might turn into something like that 1 man GDT on the Wild board back in the day lol.

Canada's goal song for this tournament is ****ing Pitbull... That's it. I'm defecting to Slovakia.
I can't imagine having to hear that 14 times in one night. "Hey Baby!" was great, and this is a terrible swing in the other direction.

Oh dear god, pointless and unprompted wooing is spreading
I had the replay on in the background this morning and started hearing it. I thought I was going crazy. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00