GDT: 2019 IIHF U20 WJC (HF Sharks)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Lol at Poehling being voted MVP by the media. He looked real good covering air on Finland’s GWG. Now I feel bad because they showed him crying on TV.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2019-01-05 19.36.28.jpg

Sasha named Player of the Game for the usa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Would you say Chmelevski was better than Josh Norris?

Considering he had to claw his way up from checking line duty to prominence, yes I would.

Norris was good from what I saw, but he lacks Chmelevski's dynamic ability. His game was stronger in a meat & potatoes sort of way. Sasha's game was a combo of driving offence himself and finding the soft spots to be in at the right time (very Pavelski-esque in that regard. That usa #8 seemed fitting)

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Good couple weeks for the sharks prospects who had shots at their wjc teams.

One took it and forced his way onto the grandest stage.

The other took being cut as motivation to cram it down his federation's throat.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Considering he had to claw his way up from checking line duty to prominence, yes I would.

Norris was good from what I saw, but he lacks Chmelevski's dynamic ability. His game was stronger in a meat & potatoes sort of way. Sasha's game was a combo of driving offence himself and finding the soft spots to be in at the right time (very Pavelski-esque in that regard. That usa #8 seemed fitting)

Good points concerning Sasha. He had to battle hard all tournament long. Not much ice time for him. As the games became more important, he rose to the pressure and helped this team.
Reminiscent to his short stint with the Barracuda.
Glad he’s a Shark.

Reactions: NiWa

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
They're calling Group B the "Group of Death", and rightfully so. :help: Cinderella story for Germany? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad