Rumor: 2019 Free Agent Tranquility Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I was reading Luszczyszyn's article about the ten worst contracts in the league and Kane with Toews doesn't damage them as much as Seabrook's 6.875 million for another 5 years does. Using Dom's volumetric witchcraft, that was shown to be the worst contract in the league by far.

Drew Doughty had a higher negative value (with a higher positive probability), but Brent is 34 ****ing year's old at the moment and still has five years. I hope to God there is a recapture penalty on that if he retires early.

Toews was starting to look like a big overpay with 3 sub-60 point seasons, but rebounded with a career high 81pts this year.

But 100% with you on seabrook. It’s not that you can’t win with a $10m+ contract (or 2 in the hawks case), just that you have a very small margin of error and can’t give an anchor contract like seabrook’s.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
Carl Soderberg + Scott Kosmachuk + 2020 2nd

for

Andre Burakovsky + Kevin Connauton

——

Was this a good trade?

Kosmachuk is just a body. Connauton is a 6/7 D. Soda outproduces Burakovsky by about 20 points. Then there’s the 2nd as well.

Would we have been better off keeping Soda?

Is Soda as a 3C worth more than Bura as (hopefully) a second line winger?
But Bura could only get 4th line minutes on a stacked Caps team. I think he outplays this contract and Soda this season. Mark it down, heard it here 1st, I honestly think this trade winds up being a steal for our Avs. Jmo but I really think he will flourish on our 2nd line.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
But Bura could only get 4th line minutes on a stacked Caps team. I think he outplays this contract and Soda this season. Mark it down, heard it here 1st, I honestly think this trade winds up being a steal for our Avs. Jmo but I really think he will flourish on our 2nd line.

He had bottom 6 minutes because he squandered all his chances in the top 6 over the last 4 years.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Burakovsky is from the same draft as J.T. Compher. Burakovsky’s career high in points is 38. Compher’s is 32.

If Burakovsky is at his ceiling already, then Compher likely is too.

Reactions: Makar to MacK

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Well yeah, or do you think Jimmothy's still going to turn into a 50+ pt guy?
20/20 is what i expect JTC being capable of. He also is a fine PK'er. And that's good enough to be a solid middle sixer for us going forward.

BTW, isn't his arbitration scheduled for Friday? Time to get it done Joe, nobody wants that.

Edit: Nevermind. It's the 31st. Still plenty of time left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatorbait19

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d be surprised if he’s the finished product.

I don't think he's necessarily the finished product yet either, but I also don't think he has all that much more to grow beyond improving his consistency & defense. 20/20 isn't unlikely, but he isn't that far from being a 20/20 guy offensively already.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I think JTC is close to a 20/20 guy already. 32 in 66 last season.

Just stay healthy and get a touch more consistent and he should be a regular ~0.55 PPG guy for us, 20G/25A if he stays healthy.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Either way, we should still flip Bura for Zucker and send Jost + 2 1sts to Anaheim for Rakell...

Would love to have either those guys, but that’s a steep price for Rakell. The only one I’d give that package up for is Hall. I think 2020 1st, Kaut, and another decent prospect is fair for Rakell

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Would love to have either those guys, but that’s a steep price for Rakell. The only one I’d give that package up for is Hall. I think 2020 1st, Kaut, and another decent prospect is fair for Rakell

My concerns with Jost thriving in a top 6 role for us are pretty well documented at this point, and I absolutely love me some Rakell :laugh:

Plus I'm pretty sure that Philly will offer us their 1st for Zads & Greer's rights next summer to backfill for any futures we send out in-season for a Rakell / Zucker / Krieder type Bura-upgrade.
You can't help yourself, can you? Stunning! :bow:

Would you rather I post boredom-inspired day-dreams in the Byram thread?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad