Speculation: 2019 free agency

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I can think of worse groups than Trouba, Myers, Cholowski, Hronek, Jensen, and McIsaac.

I think if we signed Myers, to then go after Trouba means someone is being dealt. I don't see Jensen as a guy looking to be a #7 anywhere, and I think Hronek is going to clearly move past him in the near future. And I'm pretty certain none of them are fans of playing on their offside, are they? (maybe Hronek is?)

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
I hope we do nothing this off-season. Myers will be 29 at the start of next season and will be out of his prime when we are seriously looking at competing for a cup. There is nothing that says the Red Wings need to spend over the cap every year. Trouba in 2020 would be exactly what this team should be hoping for.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No? But there has been tons of speculation of him either coming home to Detroit or possibly one of the Florida teams to be near his fiancee.
99% sure based on ‘speculation’ for something to occur in over a year? Florida is definitely on his radar and I’m not saying Detroit isn’t a possibility just that statement is a bit off unless you either personally know him or something publically was released.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I hope we do nothing this off-season. Myers will be 29 at the start of next season and will be out of his prime when we are seriously looking at competing for a cup. There is nothing that says the Red Wings need to spend over the cap every year. Trouba in 2020 would be exactly what this team should be hoping for.

When we send on the cap, we get free assets (which will cost only money). Then we can sell other assets, like Tatar, for futures. It helps on the big picture.

What comes to Trouba... how can he say "no" to Steve Yzerman?

No one says "no" to him. ;)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
99% sure based on ‘speculation’ for something to occur in over a year? Florida is definitely on his radar and I’m not saying Detroit isn’t a possibility just that statement is a bit off unless you either personally know him or something publically was released.
My Sister know's his Mother Kristy Trouba, So yeah i do hear information that the ordinary citizen wouldn't hear. And my Nephew runs a bar in Auburn Hills that Trouba frequents and they talk.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think we should definitely sign Oliwer Kaski from Finnish Liiga to our system.

Kaski played today first time for Team Finland, at Euro Hockey Tour and was one of team's best players on his National team debut.

Oliwer Kaski at eliteprospects.com

Guy s huge 6'3 right-hand shot late-bloomer and really started shining at this season. He is 23-year old and I think he is better than Libor Sulak was at Pelicans. At least he has some defence in him, but is really shining offensively.

Kaski also has experince from NCAA, we was two years at Western Michigan. Should know our hoods already...

Here's some highlights
scores 2+0
Otteluseuranta | Pelicans - TPS 18.1.2019 | Liiga
scores 2+1
Otteluseuranta | Sport - Pelicans 23.1.2019 | Liiga
scores 2+0
Otteluseuranta | SaiPa - Pelicans 25.1.2019 | Liiga
scores 2+1
Otteluseuranta | Pelicans - Tappara 2.2.2019 | Liiga

He has scored 9+7 =16 points on his last 8 games. That's huge for a defenceman at Liiga level.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlitchedRantanen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad