OT: 2019 Football Thread: Part IV – More like the "Football Thread", amirite?

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
They're not beating the Eagles. It will come down to the Skins game.
Eagles have looked very beatable lately. They lost to the Dolphins and had last minute scores to win against both the Giants and Redskins. Plus they are out of the playoffs if they lose to the Cowboys the week prior so they may be deflated and have nothing to play for by then.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
And Thomas would likely be in play for the Giants as well.

Though it could all be for naught. The Giants could hang on to the second pick and pass both Young and Thomas, ensuring that any last shred of sanity exhibited by their fan base is thoroughly annihilated.

Jerry Jeudy, come on down.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston

Must lose game. This game may have long term implications depending on the outcome. No way Redskins with Dan Snyder pass on a a big name like Chase Young who is from Maryland. "You play to win" is a nice ideal but let's be real, no way to argue that the 49ers would have been better off now if they won a few extra games last year and missed out on Nick Bosa.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I had the 49ers as 4.5point underdogs. On several parlays. All I had left was buffalo at the time. I thought i was GUARANTEED a cover with 3 seconds left and san Fran getting the ball down 2.

Then they lateral it 20 f***ing yards to nobody. It lands at the three yard line and afalcon casually rolls into the end zone like it's a f***ing romantic comedy with him and the ball.

THREE THOUSAND f***ING DOLLARS in winnings just GONE

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So this what "victory formation" looks like...eh?

When your a Jet fan, it's such a rare moment, that I forgot what it looked like...lol

In all seriousness, nice performance by Gang Green. If my calculations are correct, that's 5 wins in the past 7 games for the Jets. Considering the Bills have nothing to play for next week, woudn't shock me in the least if the Jets beat them in Buffalo.

Gotta give Gase some credit. Despite everyone including myself calling for his job 2 months ago, he has kept the team together, he's started to make better play calls and the team is performing a heck of alot better.

Give Douglass the offseason to fix the Oline and bring in a cover corner and god forbid an edge rusher and with a healthy Mosley, this team really could be a playoff team next year.

At the very least, the Jets aren't an embarrassment and there is actually some hope for next year. Considering where we were at 0-6, I'll take it!.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yuck. Ugliest win since that win against Miami. Well, we’ve technically improved this season under Gase by winning two more games, guess he’s got the job for another year at least . Vomit.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
1st time Saquon shows up in all year and it hurts the team in the long haul. f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad