World Cup: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup - III (USA wins 4th Womens World Cup)

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
I wouldn’t call referencing ‘tea drinking’ as a racist act.

It's definitely not a racist act because you can't be racist towards white people.

When Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in 2014, they celebrated every single goal and they were whining and complaining to the refs about Brazil's goal, despite being up 7-0.

Yeah, those celebrations were really, uh, extravagant.

Yes they were. And I bet James Harden and Anthony Davis will be celebrating really hard when the USA scores its 1ooth point in a 50-point blowout against Japan in the World Cup in September.

Last edited:

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Which makes for an odd precedent. Because now we're saying, 'It's OK to score, and mock characteristics of other people's countries, as long as it's a pretty innocuous characteristic.'

According to WHO data from 2017 36 percent of Americans are obese, while in Holland the number is 20 percent. Would it count as "innocuous" if the Dutch somehow managed to score and alluded to this fact in their celebration?

And sexist. It's vitally important you don't forget that we're sexist.

There are certainly plenty of sexist countries playing in the final four in this tournament. In last year's Global Gender Gap Report Sweden was ranked the 3rd most gender-equal country in the world. The entire top-four consisted of Nordic countries. The UK was 15th and Netherlands was 27th. The United States were ranked #51, just between Mexico and Peru. Americans certainly have all the bragging rights when it comes to gender equality.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reacting to criticism over a celebration of TEA. To a charge of outrage led by Piers Morgan and the like.

She should have done a fortnite dance and been respectful like a true modern day footballer.
How out of touch some USWNT apologists are is astounding. As though the guys who celebrate with fortnite dances don't get criticism for it (you need look no further of how most places talk about and feel about Griezmann despite his obvious talent).

Reactions: Stray Wasp
Sep 19, 2008
I'm ready. Lets ****ing go. I'm nervous, but I believe in this team.
Despite what detractors here say, American fans don't seem to be arrogant or confident of a win this WC. Heard a podcast yesterday driving home about the US Fans taking over Lyon and being cautious regarding the US England game. It's natural to be on edge especially when the US has seized the early lead and then taken the foot off the gas.

Sep 19, 2008
Still baffles the mind why this game is being played in broad daylight in the afternoon :laugh:

3 PM EST - USA Net Final

7 / 8 PM EST - Gold Cup Final

Makes PERFECT sense

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Still baffles the mind why this game is being played in broad daylight in the afternoon :laugh:

3 PM EST - USA Net Final

7 / 8 PM EST - Gold Cup Final

Makes PERFECT sense

I believe the WC final was played at a similar time last year.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Studs up Challenge no chance at the ball. (Late)
Mind you She should have called fouls about 2-3 times before..

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
How out of touch some USWNT apologists are is astounding. As though the guys who celebrate with fortnite dances don't get criticism for it (you need look no further of how most places talk about and feel about Griezmann despite his obvious talent).

The one guy who defended Rakitic’s comments about not wanting to share the field with blacks and gays has the balls to call others out of touch.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It almost seems like the US game plan is to tire out the Netherlands. These long passes vs trying to work it up the field smells like let’s kill their legs and then just try to bury them in the 2nd half of the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad