2019 FIBA World Cup Thread: Drake don't impress us.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Guess it all begins the weekend. Will be different without all the stars but should still be a good tournament of all the world's best basketball nations.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Damn, just looked at Canada'a roster. Such a promising team turned into shit pretty quick :laugh:

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
That's why I dont give a toss about national basketball here in Canada. There is no pride among these "athletes" unlike in Hockey. Ever since Nash kept turning down invites to play for Canada, look at what's happening here. And this is why those players and this sport will never grow as big up here. They dont give a shit and just wanna be "american".

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Watching the replay of Serbia v Angola. It's Jokic/Boban show and it's beautiful.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
That's why I dont give a toss about national basketball here in Canada. There is no pride among these "athletes" unlike in Hockey. Ever since Nash kept turning down invites to play for Canada, look at what's happening here. And this is why those players and this sport will never grow as big up here. They dont give a **** and just wanna be "american".
This is just drivel. Nash played for Canada for over 12 years and stopped playing at the age of 30. He put more than his share of time in unlike the dozen or so guys that could have played for this version of team Canada.
Also the "wear and tear" on top pro BB players is far greater than hockey players. That's why many older star players don't participate.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Canada losing again.

Lithuania or Serbia are the 2nd best team after USA.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Spain and France are very strong also.

Also, I wouldn't at all be surprised if USA isn't #1 at the end of the tournament.

It'll take a lot to beat USA but I wouldn't be surprised if someone knocks them off. Unless they are playing possum.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given the lack of star players for the U.S. this tournament I don't think they're the favorites. I think Spain, France or Serbia are the teams to beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad