2019 FIBA World Cup Thread: Drake don't impress us.

Sep 19, 2008
Oh you can bet LeBron and Zion and everyone who said no will be in the Olympics in 2020. Then we'll see who wins.

Every single one of those games in the Olympics was a blowout in 2016 :laugh:

Now I understand how Canadians feel once none of their good ol boys can travel to the Winter Olympics and they have to field a roster full of scrubs nobody knows.

Reactions: Voight

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Oh you can bet LeBron and Zion and everyone who said no will be in the Olympics in 2020.

Probably. I checked USA's 2016 roster and noticed that LeBron didn't go to Rio because he felt too tired after the finals, and Curry declined due to injuries. USA was missing two of its best players but still won comfortably. In 2012 it was a lot tighter. They only beat Spain by 7 points in the final.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Oh you can bet LeBron and Zion and everyone who said no will be in the Olympics in 2020. Then we'll see who wins.

Now I understand how Canadians feel once none of their good ol boys can travel to the Winter Olympics and they have to field a roster full of scrubs nobody knows.

Salty as f***.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

And everyone from everywhere always rubbed our faces in it too, so yes, now you know.

Take it as a compliment, it means you are the best when people hate you.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm far more surprised Serbia managed to drop two games in a row, than with the USA's loss. Jokić really needed to do better, and in general, they let both Spain and the Argies dictate the play.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm far more surprised Serbia managed to drop two games in a row, than with the USA's loss. Jokić really needed to do better, and in general, they let both Spain and the Argies dictate the play.

Agree. Very disappointing.

Reactions: Ivan13

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And everyone from everywhere always rubbed our faces in it too, so yes, now you know.

Take it as a compliment, it means you are the best when people hate you.

There is also fair bit of arrogance with US basketball teams just like how there is with Canadian hockey team.

Reactions: Jussi and Ivan13

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
There is also fair bit of arrogance with US basketball teams just like how there is with Canadian hockey team.
Nah, Canadian hockey teams having arrogance is long a thing of the past, they know how good the rest of the world is and know that winning and losing is such a thin line now for quite some time.

That's a myth that exists in the eyes of other countries fans because they hate Canada and will take every thing they can to demonize them even if it's bullshit, that's just the way that rolls and always will. The American basketball teams though is a different story and for good reason, they are still completely dominant despite this loss, what was their win streak at this thing going into that france game? something like 58 games? and you can be sure they would never have lost with their best players here.

They are easily the best and they know it, if you don't believe me........................just ask them.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
There are no excuses but it is notable that isn’t Team USA’s A, B, C or maybe even D team. Bad year for them but nobody will be shocked when they likely go undefeated next summer in Tokyo.

How many Americans have declined to play in the Olympics in this decade for instance? If memory serves, USA always brings their A team to the Olympics.

How many guys in this U.S. team have a realistic chance to make it to Tokyo?

Mitchell is the only person on that team who has a chance to make next summers squad, providing none of the big stars decline to play.

This is LeBrons last Olympics in his prime so I bet you he plays, and it’s not guaranteed GS will make the finals this time around so Curry/Klay/Draymond will probably want to play if they don’t aren’t playing into June this year. Then you have a guy like Kawhi who’s never played in the Olympics who at this point is only missing a Gold Medal (and MVP) from his resume. Likewise with Steph, he’s only really missing a Gold Medal at this point and by 2024 he will be in his late 30s

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I know the US didn't send their best players to this tourney but I expected better from them than what they got. I'm predicting a France/Spain final now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I know the US didn't send their best players to this tourney but I expected better from them than what they got. I'm predicting a France/Spain final now.

I'm not. This was their like E team. There is probably one single player on the team who has a chance at next years Olympic team (Mitchell)

Reactions: tony d

Patito

Dec 8, 2009
Valencia
espanya-campeona-mundo-baloncesto-kLpE-U90143889126iZE-624x385@RC.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad