Euro: 2019 Europa League Finals:

Who takes home the trophy?

• Total voters

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Announcers still going on about Hazard "inspiring" the second goal despite the fact that he played absolutely no part in it and didn't touch the ball once, even way back in the buildup.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
This one was stonewall and the "foul" on Lacazette would've been a HUGE reach
Frankly I don't see it. And I have no horse here.
If Kepa touches Laca (I said I didn't see it, but posters here have said so), then it's 100% a penalty.
That Giroud penalty was no more than a 50/50 call. Giroud jumped to the ground and was not impeached from playing the ball really.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If Kepa touches Laca (I said I didn't see it, but posters here have said so), then it's 100% a penalty.

I'd need to see it again but I believe there were 2 touches on the play, one with the fans of Kepa and a second with the keepers face.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Frankly I don't see it. And I have no horse here.
That Giroud penalty was no more than a 50/50 call. Giroud jumped to the ground and was not impeached from playing the ball really.

Your horse is Laca :laugh:

Contact on the first half one was pretty much feather dusting and it was because he was trailing his leg searching for it. Would've been an incredibly harsh call.

Maitland Niles shoved Giroud as he went to play the ball. Sloppy defending.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Your horse is Laca :laugh:

Contact on the first half one was pretty much feather dusting and it was because he was trailing his leg searching for it. Would've been an incredibly harsh call.

Maitland Niles shoved Giroud as he went to play the ball. Sloppy defending.
Laca?
I have Giroud the other way, Kante who I love and Hazard who I worship.
Nope.

There was no "shove" on Giroud IMO. And again, if Kepa touches Laca, I can't see how it isn't a penalty since he didn't touch the ball. Goalie touching the player and not the ball = penalty.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Laca?
I have Giroud the other way, Kante who I love and Hazard who I worship.
Nope.

There was no "shove" on Giroud IMO. And again, if Kepa touches Laca, I can't see how it isn't a penalty since he didn't touch the ball. Goalie touching the player and not the ball = penalty.

Twas a joke, my friend.

Eh, there's room for discretion on what degree of touching the player constitutes a penalty. Contact was minimal.

But anyway, 4-1 is neat. Very neat.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don’t know how long it will take for Arsenal to buy defenders who can actually defend.

I’ve been waiting for a decade+ and quite frankly, I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad