Euro: 2019 Europa League Finals:

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by robertmac43, May 14, 2019.

?

Who takes home the trophy?

1. Arsenal

51.3%
  2. Chelsea

48.7%
  1. bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223 Registered User

1st part, what the hell are you talking about, after the comma, ok that makes sense.

2. Chimaera

Chimaera same ol' Caps

[​IMG]

this mug looks like me after a long night of partying.

3. Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon Dybalascibar

The first thing Arsenal need to buy is a heart

Taylor Hall likes this.
  4. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    The problem isn’t that Mislintat left, but how early he left. This was supposed to be a new regime to rebuild what happened to the old one and he leaves when Arsenal doesn’t offer him a promotion and that is in his every right. So now we let Wenger go, we bring on a new team to give the club a direction, one of them leaves, position is vacant for the past four or so months, and now I don’t know what our direction is. The good news is that Arsenal is still targeting youth players, but as we saw Guendouzi and Torreira fell off a cliff there towards the end of the season.

Moh is a politically driven numskull who thinks he knows what he’s talking about but doesn’t (he’s a good speaker and people eat that **** up). DT is stupid, but people watch him because he’s passionate and entertaining.

Troopz is actually really intelligent besides his ghetto slang and constant banter. I felt exactly like him last night so I can relate because it is depressing. The most intelligent fan on AFTV is Grahame, who is more of the tactician of the group. Very logical and doesn’t bring emotion in it like Moh.

The problem is and why I don’t get majority of the anti-Emery crowd here is that majority of the reasons why Arsenal lost this season is due to moves that Wenger made. I’ve seen mentioned here by LITN and others a million times that Arsenal don’t have any good youth players, that is one-hundred percent true. However, Emery has bought more youth players in one season than Arsenal did in the past six years combine. Look at how many players came from the youth academy under Wenger....one in Rob Holding. And it’s not like he can bring in the same income as Dele Alli can via Spurs. The academy was probably left in a more dire state than the back line and that’s saying something. It’s looking better though with the two Nigerian players, Willock, Niles, Nketiah, Nelson, and Smith-Rowe especially if we sign this Brasilian wonderkid.

The back line is the other problem brought on by Wenger. Of course if we had unlimited resources like United, City, or even Liverpool have we would’ve been able to buy a legit CB out of the gate, but we don’t. So we had to be stuck with a Godawful atrociousness of Kos, Mustafi, Monreal, and Kolasinac. Sokartis and Holding are the only two passable defenders. Then we had to play Niles out of position and against Hazard because Bellerin got a season-ending injury and Lichtesteiner was shown to be truly, truly, truly, truly, truly terrible. Emery putting up with that is commendable IMO. You can say that our back line is actually worse than United’s.

Midfield was also left in a terrible shape. Wenger kept buying the same type of players because he didn’t believe that the CDM is needed anymore. Instead of investing with youth that could eventually be used for the first team, he bought relics like El Neny, Gabriel, Xhaka, and Cech as depth along with players like Perez and Campbell which we lost money on. Torreira and Guendouzi are a step in the right direction and they need to be built upon especially with Hamstring Ramsey leaving.

Only shape we’re actually good in is the striker position. People can unrealistically whine about Aubameyang all they want, but there was no link up play by Ozil in that game. They were left on a rock and island with absolutely zero good passes their way. When your best passer is ****ing Xhaka you know you’re going to be in trouble in a game. We need to get rid of him at all costs even if we have to pay his contract, he’s the best definition of a cancer player who can bring the rest of the lockerroom down. Arsenal needs to build around Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Iwobi, give Nkeitah some more time in the first team as well.

For the trillionth time I am not saying that Emery is this amazing manager, but to think he’s one of the main problem is out to lunch. He needs to improve some areas, but lets wait and see until he gets more of his players and less anything-Wenger is better. Currently I am not sure how interested I will be next season because as of now there isn’t any point in watching Arsenal if they keep the same players. However, I will watch, even if they finish 11th if they’re able to bring in more youth players with talent.

Even with that win you can say that Chelsea could be in a worst shape; they’re losing a prime manager, they got a locker room of egos like we saw Luiz fighting with teammates, Kepa not wanting to sub out, their blood money owner is currently banned from the UK, and now Hazard leaving. They’re replacing Hazard with ****ing Pulisic and they might get transfer banned.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  5. koyvoo

koyvoo For Badgeholders Only

6. bluesfan94

bluesfan94 #PetroforNorris

Those guys were all brought in under Wenger. Also you didn’t count Iwobi or Bellerin as academy call ups. Just off the top of my head.

7. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

HBA should be on that team.

8. robertmac43

robertmac43 Forever 43!

University Student
    How did Kos end up getting on that team?

9. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    That’s all probably true, but think about his academy involvement in 2004 compared to 2014. I suggest there is a drastic difference the older he got. He got more stubborn the older he got and went after more players in “win now mode”. His old ways were also getting in the way of his managerial abilities and he was left behind in the dust to the beast of what modern football currently is.

10. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    So Robbie just said on one of his vlogs is to accommodate all the European timezones', the game was played at 11:00 PM Baku time. What the flying **** UEFA? No wonder why it was such a terrible final in terms of excitement.

11. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

I have seen very exciting games at 11PM in Spain.

12. Cassano

Cassano nyeah eh

Software Engineer
    Lol!

Torreira was in tears upon his substitution. They need better players and manager. Not lack of pashun and other nonsense.