2019 Entry Draft Thread Part XII

Choose Our 9 Picks For The 2019 NHL Draft (Here Or In The 2019's Official Habs Mock Draft Topic)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Didn't you see Weber down the stretch? Given his age, we shouldn't overlook RHD because we have him and Petry (which we'll probably have to move because of the expansion draft).
Don't forget we are signing Karlsson.....:sarcasm:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That's not how it works anymore. With players making the NHL at younger and younger ages, teams put more emphasis on position of need. That's why I like to rank in tiers, if when our pick is up and there are two players left from the highest available teir, then pick the prospect that represents your position of need. However if the highest tiered prospect available does not fill a position of need, then I wouldn't select a lower tiered player just to fill a position of need. But position of need is certainly bigger considerations than ever before.

Look just 2 years ago, when we drafted Poehling and we had 0 Center and look now 2 later, we have alote of depth on Center. Alote can happen during 2 years

Reactions: jaffy27

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Look just 2 years ago, when we drafted Poehling and we had 0 Center and look now 2 later, we have alote of depth on Center. Alote can happen during 2 years
Or you could be the Leafs, forced to trade assets nobody will give you full value for because they know your stuck against the cap with a very unbalanced team.

Watch Timmin's media scrum from the combine this year. He explains it better.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Does anyone have a clue when our pick will be in? I've got a hockey game that ends at 9.
Do you not have PVR?

Hate to sound like a broken record here, but always always always always always always always always *inhales* always always always always always always go BPA. Always.

If need be, trade from that position of strength later. Not like good RHDs are a dime a dozen right now.
Is Seider that much more ahead then Broberg, Heinola, Harley??......if it's that close, go for need.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I have him on even footing with Heinola, but I prefer both to Broberg or Harley. I think the sky is the limit with Seider.
I like him too, a lot, but if they are close in your rankings, I think it would be better to go with the position of weakness, especially our LHD that is probably worst in the NHL.

I guess it all depends where the Habs have them ranked.

Nothing wrong though with that RHD that’s 6’4 and can skate

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I have my D rankings:

Byram
Seider
Broberg
York
Heinola/Soderstrom
Harley

Harley is a wildcard though, and if Timmins feels comfortable gambling on him, I'll get behind it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

What happened during Bergevin's first 7 years? Why couldn't he land top 6 centers then? How the hell did we get stuck with DD as a first line center?

A lot could have also happened in those first 7 years and didn't. Let's not pretend the prior 7 years did not happen. We did not need to be in no man's land at this time. The GM should not get a pass for decisions that spanned the vast majority of his tenure.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Krebs or Broberg: that's my choices in a mock at our pick. I'm going with Krebs.

First 14 picks:

1. New Jersey Devils - Jack Hughes
2. New York Rangers - Kappo Kakko
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Bowen Byram
4. Colorado Avalanche (from Senators) - Alex Turcotte
5. Los Angeles Kings - Dylan Cozens
6. Detroit Red Wings - Kirby Dach
7. Buffalo Sabres - Cole Caufield
8. Edmonton Oilers - Trevor Zegras
9. Anaheim Ducks - Matthew Boldy
10. Vancouver Canucks - Vasili Podkolzin
11. Philadelphia Flyers - Moritz Seider
12. Minnesota Wild - Alex Newhook
13. Florida Panthers - Victor Söderström
14. Arizona Coyotes - Arthur Kaliyev

Reactions: Frank JT

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Agreed, a big thrill of it is that you are watching something unpredictable unfold live before your eyes.

Not as much for the draft. There were so many gif-worthy moments from the announcement of the Habs drafting KK including a graphic shot that was best seen on replay. There is a lot going on from so many places, so many things that can go wrong and some emotional moments that are worth re-watching.

Sure, there is the initial surprise at how some teams reach for players we don't anticipate would go so early and how we process that element of surprise.

Here is something predictable that will unfold live: this site will crash like a house of cards during the draft. You can bank on it.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not as much for the draft. There were so many gif-worthy moments from the announcement of the Habs drafting KK including a graphic shot that was best seen on replay. There is a lot going on from so many places, so many things that can go wrong and some emotional moments that are worth re-watching.

Sure, there is the initial surprise at how some teams reach for players we don't anticipate would go so early and how we process that element of surprise.

Here is something predictable that will unfold live: this site will crash like a house of cards during the draft. You can bank on it.
lol I agree with the last point, but I like watching the draft live. I’ve always loved the draft in every sport, and some of my favorite sports days of the year are the drafts- especially when it comes to my team. Really want be able to get to a TV for our pick, know who’s available and see who we select as it happens.

Reactions: Runner77

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Krebs or Broberg: that's my choices in a mock at our pick. I'm going with Krebs.

First 14 picks:

1. New Jersey Devils - Jack Hughes
2. New York Rangers - Kappo Kakko
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Bowen Byram
4. Colorado Avalanche (from Senators) - Alex Turcotte
5. Los Angeles Kings - Dylan Cozens
6. Detroit Red Wings - Kirby Dach
7. Buffalo Sabres - Cole Caufield
8. Edmonton Oilers - Trevor Zegras
9. Anaheim Ducks - Matthew Boldy
10. Vancouver Canucks - Vasili Podkolzin
11. Philadelphia Flyers - Moritz Seider
12. Minnesota Wild - Alex Newhook
13. Florida Panthers - Victor Söderström
14. Arizona Coyotes - Arthur Kaliyev

I don't mind taking the chance on Krebs.

If that is how the draft has broken down I'd go Broberg though.

but if say Arizona took Broberg instead of Kaliyev, I'd be on Krebs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
lol I agree with the last point, but I like watching the draft live. I’ve always loved the draft in every sport, and some of my favorite sports days of the year are the drafts- especially when it comes to my team. Really want be able to get to a TV for our pick, know who’s available and see who we select as it happens.

It's been a ritual for me as well. It's X-Mas in June.

Reactions: philipsson

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
The best part of the draft/trade deadline/faf for me, is following it on Twitter, especially when stuff slow leaks. That anticipation of who's going where is exhilarating.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The best part of the draft/trade deadline/faf for me, is following it on Twitter, especially when stuff slow leaks. That anticipation of who's going where is exhilarating.

Do you follow anyone in particular or do you just put in "NHL Draft 2019" in the Twitter search engine?

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Do you follow anyone in particular or do you just put in "NHL Draft 2019" in the Twitter search engine?
I've accumulated the list of follows over the years.
Obviously I follow the McKenzies, Friedmans, Dregers etc.
I also follow a lot of beat writers, some agents and anyone who seems to be at the draft at the time so I can speculate when 2 GMs are having a little chat lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've accumulated the list of follows over the years.
Obviously I follow the McKenzies, Friedmans, Dregers etc.
I also follow a lot of beat writers, some agents and anyone who seems to be at the draft at the time so I can speculate when 2 GMs are having a little chat lol

You never know where breaking news comes from, it's not always from the mainstream guys. I can see how getting to that info before anyone else is a fun quest.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It’s funny, cause I’m intrigued about seider, but then someone brings up nice stats on Harley and then I want him, but then I drool at a chance to draft Broberg, but then there’s that outside chance Newhook drops to us......like **** me, it’s like I’m 8 again in the cereal aisle of the grocery store and mom gives me the choice of picking only one box .....:eek:

That's when you get a paper route buy all the cereal and anything else your mother and kin want to eat but can't afford.

If Harley had been born a month later and was 2020 eligible, imagine where he’d rank among defenders with the season he just had as a 17 year old.

This fact should not be public, IMHO!!!...:towel:

It's been a ritual for me as well. It's X-Mas in June.

Always had the Habs pick as my Xmas present since going to my first Entry Draft in Vancouver 25 yrs. ago. I think they drafted Turcotte's dad whom I had watched and was positive he would be a great NHLer but smaller. Certainly had the drive.:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Alfie Turcotte was his moniker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad