2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kind’ve vanished

He was in the wrong positions, not skating into lanes/space, not reading and reacting quickly enough. And then, in typical Newhook fashion, as soon as he gets the puck: bang, goal.

edit: like, there was one faceoff where I swear to god i saw him look around and try to figure out where he was supposed to go.

Reactions: jaffy27

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
I dunno, man, I didn't like that game for Newhook very much, despite the goal.

I know what you mean. He showed flashes but invisible sometimes. You can see the skill in Newhook and Cozens (Krebs also but to a lesser degree) but often times, the play dies when they have the puck entering the zone. Rees, on the other hand, always seems to make something happen. He's fast, has a good motor, plays with an edge. It seems like his skills are very translatable to the next level.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He was in the wrong positions, not skating into lanes/space, not reading and reacting quickly enough. And then, in typical Newhook fashion, as soon as he gets the puck: bang, goal.

edit: like, there was one faceoff where I swear to god i saw him look around and try to figure out where he was supposed to go.
How you like Heinola’s game?

It’s the first time for me seeing these prospects so I don’t want to judge them to harshly after 1 game

Like atrud66 mentioned, Rees makes thing happen....loved his game today

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
How you like Heinola’s game?

It’s the first time for me seeing these prospects so I don’t want to judge them to harshly after 1 game

First period was beastly. Then he took a couple bad penalties in the 2nd and both he and the rest of Team Finland just lost the handle on the game. I absolutely love his poise with the puck, though. That much was on display in just about every shift.

Reactions: atrud66

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
First period was beastly. Then he took a couple bad penalties in the 2nd and both he and the rest of Team Finland just lost the handle on the game. I absolutely love his poise with the puck, though. That much was on display in just about every shift.
Pretty much saw the same....I’m no expert when it comes to dissecting their games but that part of Heinola ‘s game was obvious. Had him in all important situations and that’s a good sign.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I dunno, man, I didn't like that game for Newhook very much, despite the goal.
Was a lil bit lost. His syncronisation wasn't been done right.

He hadn't helped the TF with his faults... But how he controls the game, it's a masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pretty much saw the same....I’m no expert when it comes to dissecting their games but that part of Heinola ‘s game was obvious. Had him in all important situations and that’s a good sign.

Ice in his veins when being forechecked. You really have to come at him to make him make him do anything. He's all ''..we both know you're not going to take this puck away from me.''

On the defensive side, I noticed that he really leaves too much of a gap. That's correctable though. But I noticed it a few times this game.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ice in his veins when being forechecked. You really have to come at him to make him make him do anything. He's all ''..we both know you're not going to take this puck away from me.''

On the defensive side, I noticed that he really leaves too much of a gap. That's correctable though. But I noticed it a few times this game.
Heinola
Broberg
Harley

Some nice LHD prospects up for grabs and you’d think at least one would fall in our laps.

I know it’s suppose to be BPA but with such a need at that position, having Romanov and one of these three would really shore up the shortcomings of the left side

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
Heinola
Broberg
Harley

Some nice LHD prospects up for grabs and you’d think at least one would fall in our laps.

I know it’s suppose to be BPA but with such a need at that position, having Romanov and one of these three would really shore up the shortcomings of the left side

Not sure I can put it into words but I wasn't as impressed with Harley as you were

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Gotta make y'all an consensus. Open a pool: who's the best D after Byram the Montreal Canadiens could afford to select at the 15th pick?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Not sure I can put it into words but I wasn't as impressed with Harley as you were
Was watching the game from my phone here and there....and when I started watching, he had a few good moments so maybe I’m putting too much stock into what I saw for those short stints.

No TSN at the hotel I’m at in Québec lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Send me your vision. I didn't aperceived something woah 'bout Thomas. Like not a single once.
I wasn’t at home watching the entire game with the power of rewind....I’ve already mentioned that I’ve only watched bits and pieces so I can’t give you a full analysis of a partial game, it’s unfair and would be inaccurate.

It’s like if I only watched the first period and told you Tracey had a bad game.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Rees was flying. Made a bunch of Finns look bad with his speed and skill. Loved that he was also breaking plays left and right. Even as a fan and somewhat biased with him being my 2nd pick in the early mock, I might be underrating him.

Krebs doesn't get a ton of praise from us here, me including, but admittedly he was among Canada's best and better than Cozens.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wasn’t at home watching the entire game with the power of rewind....I’ve already mentioned that I’ve only watched bits and pieces so I can’t give you a full analysis of a partial game, it’s unfair and would be inaccurate.

It’s like if I only watched the first period and told you Tracey had a bad game.

Tracey is a funny guy. I don't know how to properly rank him. It's like he's a soccer striker. That's his job, and he does it well, and you don't really notice him that much besides that. On the one hand, I really like puck dominant players like Dorofeyev, Brink, Newhook, Heinola, etc. On the other, it's hard to argue with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad