2019 Entry Draft Thread Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Ryan suzuki could it be a good pick up from montreal? Its write on eliteprospect that he is the most intelligent player for the next draft. I like he hockey sense. With nick. Could be fun to watch? Next sedin? HHaha
It'd gave us else smartness in our depth for sure. But for our range we received into the Round 01, I expect to select a gem. Ain't a knock on Ryan or toward him.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think he has it in the scouting world. I keep hearing more and more about him and he's a guy I've liked for a few months now.

I think it might be the style of game he plays. Tries to play like a mini-McJesus which might make people think ''yeah, okay buddy.'' But tools wise he's fantastic, better than all except 1 USNTDP player (Zegras is a better passer, but otherwise?), and he has a pretty good understanding of the game. Can't knock a dude for just burning jabronis wide if he can do it that often.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think it might be the style of game he plays. Tries to play like a mini-McJesus which might make people think ''yeah, okay buddy.'' But tools wise he's fantastic, better than all except 1 USNTDP player (Zegras is a better passer, but otherwise?), and he has a pretty good understanding of the game. Can't knock a dude for just burning jabronis wide if he can do it that often.

I hope to god that didnt include Turcotte

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
For what it's worth , Tomasino was my initial favorite for our spot quite a few weeks ago now . He's got instant fan favorite written all over him. I think I called him a ''Gallagher with skills'' at some point, which isn't quite fair to either guys. I think playing on a prolific offensive team kinda hurt him scouting wise, through no fault of his own.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
You threw me off with your comparison to all USNTDP players. I thought there was also an American Tomasino. So would you pick him ahead of Newhook, Caufield, Heinola?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure what Tomasino has to do to get some attention. Especially given the way the league is going.

Looks solid for a 17 year old. 5th in team points and is he playing 3rd line center? The IceDogs look to be stacked up the middle. Where is Tomasino playing? Wing or center or both?

Jones
- age 20
- 102 pts with 41 goals in 68 regular season games
- 7 pts with 2 goals in 11 playoff games

Thomas
- age 19
- 102 pts with 38 goals in 63 regular season games
- 6 pts with 3 goals in 8 playoff games

Tomasino
- age 17
- 72 pts with 34 goals in 67 regular season games
- 11 pts with 4 goals in 11 playoff games

Studnicka
- age 20
- 49 pts with 24 goals in 30 regular season games (Traded mid season)
- 11 pts with 5 goals in 11 playoff games

Anybody know the lines for the IceDogs?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You threw me off with your comparison to all USNTDP players. I thought there was also an American Tomasino. So would you pick him ahead of Newhook, Caufield, Heinola?

No, at least not yet. But I don't see why he's being ranked at the very end of the 1st round. Could be a big adjustment during this tournament.

But I can't, for the life of me, understand how anyone has Kaliyev ahead of him.

Looks solid for a 17 year old. 5th in team points and is he playing 3rd line center? The IceDogs look to be stacked up the middle. Where is Tomasino playing? Wing or center or both?

Jones
- age 20
- 102 pts with 41 goals in 68 regular season games
- 7 pts with 2 goals in 11 playoff games

Thomas
- age 19
- 102 pts with 38 goals in 63 regular season games
- 6 pts with 3 goals in 8 playoff games

Tomasino
- age 17
- 72 pts with 34 goals in 67 regular season games
- 11 pts with 4 goals in 11 playoff games

Studnicka
- age 20
- 49 pts with 24 goals in 30 regular season games (Traded mid season)
- 11 pts with 5 goals in 11 playoff games

Anybody know the lines for the IceDogs?

He's played a few games at center, but he was playing mostly wing. He played wing in every game that I watched, anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tomasino is a third liner... Get out of here with that crap. Jesus you guys can be blind AF at times. It's like there's no consistency in your evaluations. Boy can't shoot and boy can't playmake, whats he gonna do, skate hard all game and chip pucks in ? Get out of here. I want a goddang gamebreaker at 15.

Just realized that I haven't scouted Bjornfoot at all.

Am I missing out?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
For what it's worth , Tomasino was my initial favorite for our spot quite a few weeks ago now . He's got instant fan favorite written all over him. I think I called him a ''Gallagher with skills'' at some point, which isn't quite fair to either guys. I think playing on a prolific offensive team kinda hurt him scouting wise, through no fault of his own.
We had amply of those in our pipeline.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Interesting this Cajkovic. To be wide open, he get through trafics. To be into the right position at the right moment. He sure enjoy the international tournaments. Got those bullets more often.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Reactions: NotProkofievian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad