2019 Entry Draft Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Because while Brady only mustered 8 goals in the NCAA his brother was 2 PPG in the OHL.

Matthew also obliterated the U18 while his brother, who is older, was pedestrian.

Or how about their time in the USDP where Brady couldn’t even get to a PPG while Matthew was at 1.5 PPG.

Lots of ways to show how Matthew was a better prospect.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
At least you'd have something to point to....
Pre College/OHL:
USNTDP Juniors: Brady - 8 PTS in 32 GMS / Matthew - 17 PTS in 33 GMS
USDP u-17: Brady - 25 PTS in 55 GMS / Matthew - 33 PTS in 53 GMS
USNTDP Juniors: Brady - 23 PTS in 24 GMS / Matthew - 33 PTS in 24 GMS
USDP u-18: Brady - 54 PTS in 61 GMA / Matthew - 95 PTS in 65 GMS

International:
u-17: Brady - 5 PTS in 5 GMS / Matthew - 7 PTS in 6 GMS
u-18: Brady - 7 PTS in 7 GMS / Matthew - 12 PTS in 7 GMS
u-20: Brady - 9 PTS in 7 GMS / Matthew - 11 PTS in 7 GMS

Nothing to point to?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Matthew is 100% a better prospect, but you can't compare Jack Norris to Auston Matthews. The NTDP numbers aren't comparable.

Maybe not, but its not helping Brady's case there. He was 4th in scoring on a weak team. Matthew was 2nd to Matthews. He was great on a strong team.

Reactions: Habs76

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
It's a better comparison than just saying "but Brady was drafted higher".

You need to get some science lessons.

Svechnikov had 1st OA talent. Just a notch below Laine and over Puljujarvi
Zadina outplayed him everywhere, see the WJC and prospects game.
And Brady was picked before Zadina.

See ? He might arguably be closer to Laine than Matthew as a prospect.

Its just like Poehling. He can gain over 20lbs in a month or two, cause he has beast frame. Not like Kotkaniemi, there's no chance he ever does it, even if you give him years. It's actually so rare even. Nobody, especially not almost every tall top ranked forwards ever picked, has ever done it.

You guys are just too dim to see all of this. I'm still going to post here multiple times daily though.

Last edited:

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Matthew also played with matthews and marner. Brady played with norris and I dont even know who in the ncaa. The stats are a bit closer than they appear

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It would be an absolute pain in the ass for the other teams to match up against Cozens-Kotkaniemi-Poehling-Danault. 4 guys who can play all 3 zones very efficiently and big bois.

yeah if we can draft anyone legit better than Kotka then we are looking good. You can't ask for a better 4th line C than Danault.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I want Mastrosimone. His ability to pick the puck up in stride and fire it in one motion is unrivaled in this draft, from what I've seen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is Cozens legit? Right now I kinda prefer Dach for us if we had the choice.
I think both look to be more in the 2C mold or 1B mold like Bergeron. Dach has more offensive potential but I have my doubts he puts it all together. Cozen has everything you want in a C, literally nothing is lacking. Hes just not going to produce 80 points, at least, not from what Ive seen.

Dach has the playmaking for it but he doesnt shopy and his shot isnt as lethal as it should be, nor are his hands or his skating.

Id be looking at Turcotte or Hughes first, maybe Newhook.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
I think both look to be more in the 2C mold or 1B mold like Bergeron. Dach has more offensive potential but I have my doubts he puts it all together. Cozen has everything you want in a C, literally nothing is lacking. Hes just not going to produce 80 points, at least, not from what Ive seen.

Dach has the playmaking for it but he doesnt shopy and his shot isnt as lethal as it should be, nor are his hands or his skating.

Id be looking at Turcotte or Hughes first, maybe Newhook.
My top 3 are Hughes, Newhook, Turcotte (in that order for now); however if we missed out on all 3, I think it's fair to say these are the next best centers (should we be drafting one again next year).

For other options; Suzuki doesn't have an x-factor, Zegras and Murray aren't at the same caliber, Lavoie and Pelletier may be wingers and Nussbaumer I want to see them again before I make a full judgement.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My top 3 are Hughes, Newhook, Turcotte (in that order for now); however if we missed out on all 3, I think it's fair to say these are the next best centers (should we be drafting one again next year).

For other options; Suzuki doesn't have an x-factor, Zegras and Murray aren't at the same caliber, Lavoie and Pelletier may be wingers and Nussbaumer I want to see them again before I make a full judgement.
Havent seenn Newhook yet, not even a single game. I have Cozen at 3, firmly above everyone else at 4.

I like Zegras, hes dynamic and everything. Nussbaumer too

The Q kids arent that impressive to me.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I wouldn't count out Zegras just yet, he could make his way up to that high end group of Cs, if he's not already there. Though it's gonna be a tall order, playing 3rd fiddle behind Hughes,Turcotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad