2019 Entry Draft Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
giphy.gif

Is this old-man-recovering-from-double-surgeries Weber or prime p r o n g e r we're talking?

Why trade him for a future building block now when we can watch his legs and value disintegrate while we compete for the October cup.
Classic hockey’s future...

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Guess which Koivu got drafted higher?
Bottom line is he went higher. Until he has an opportunity in the NHL, that's all that matters in that discussion.

Great example using the Koivu's by the way, really makes your point (sarcasm)

Last edited:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Who do you guys prefer between Cozens, Dach, Turcotte and Newhook? And why?

Haven't seen Newhook and Turcotte that much other than their highlights videos. But give me the mountain kid from Whitehorse, Yukon! He needs to fill up but 6ft3 center that plays both ways and incredible vision. He has all the tools to become a very similar player to Jonathan Toews and we would welcome that as our franchise centerman. I see future captain for me easy.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Who do you guys prefer between Cozens, Dach, Turcotte and Newhook? And why?

all good players but Cozens isnt just big fast and skilled, he plays a strong 200 ft game and seems like a clutch player, the kind of player you win with... he is my early favorite not named J.Hugues... Cozens is also a natural right handed center, whats not to like about him?

Turcotte and Dach are good players too and I would be very happy if we end up getting one of them, in fact you cant really go wrong in the top 10 this year, ton of very very good players, that draft looks so great and deep, ton of teams will be all smile after that draft...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Turcotte and closeby, Cozen.

Turcotte is just so dynamic and smart, he has a real shot at being what Duchene shouldve been IMO.

Cozen could very well be the next Toews.

I dont see it in Dachs case so far. He needs to show more.

I need to see more of Newhook to see where he ranks, but Id be surprised if he gets in my top three.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Seems like we all have Cozens extremely high. Cozens has everything you want in a centre.

I like Dach's skills but from my viewings he's more of a borderline top 10 pick rather than a top 5.

I need to see more Turcotte and Newhook but from highlights and reports they seem like excellent players as well.

Great year to round out our future centre core.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
It's gonna be a fun draft year ahead I can feel it. I hope we get top 3 this year too so we can land another potential franchise player. Cozens would look good in a Habs jersey.

Jack Hughes is on a another level but I wonder why he decided to stay back with the National team this year in his draft year. He didn't want to go to Michigan.. I feel like it was a safe choice he made. I didn't like when Quinn refused to not only participate in the combine but refused to get his measurements taken. Safer choices, but would have hope he would go to Michigan to see what he can do outside of his age group. They are natural talent but undersized and need to show more thrive. I want to see a game changer like Lafreniere.

You can't go wrong with a Canadian kid like Cozens either. Head on shoulders and plays the game the right way. It was fun watching him at the Hlinka tournament.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bottom line is he went higher. Until he has an opportunity in the NHL, that's all that matters in that discussion.

Great example using the Koivu's by the way, really makes your point (sarcasm)

Here's another point then, to show how ridiculous it is to use where someone went in the draft as proof as one is better.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Yakupov, are all better than Eichel and Laine. Simply because they went #2. Not keeping in mind that the quality of the draft matters.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
For a couple of know-it-alls, you guys really are quite dim. WTK brought up the Tkachuk thing as some sort of example of me making outrageous claims in my assertion that Brady was a better prospect than Matthew. So my question is, how exactly has that statement been proven false? The only thing that has changed since then and now is that Brady went 4th overall in the draft, higher than his brother. There is literally zero presentable evidence that Matthew was the better prospect.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For a couple of know-it-alls, you guys really are quite dim. WTK brought up the Tkachuk thing as some sort of example of me making outrageous claims in my assertion that Brady was a better prospect than Matthew. So my question is, how exactly has that statement been proven false? The only thing that has changed since then and now is that Brady went 4th overall in the draft, higher than his brother. There is literally zero presentable evidence that Matthew was the better prospect.

Yakupov went higher than Laine in the draft. Does that mean there is 0 presentable evidence that Laine is a better prospect?

Could it be possible that draft classes have a difference in quality meaning that a better prospect could go lower in a different draft than a weaker one because there's less 'perceived' better prospects at that point?

And we bust your balls for using family members quotes as some type of scouting gold mine as if they have ever been reliable evidence for anything ever.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
He went literally 2 spots higher. Let`s not forget that Matthew was in a draft that had an extremely set top 3 in Matthews, Laine and Puljujarvi.

But anyway, are you really going to pretend that draft position is a 100% indication of who is the better prospect? It didnt take a genius to figure out that Barzal was a better prospect than Crouse even though Crouse was ranked and picked higher. Same with Nylander and Ehlers compared to Virtanen.

GMs and scouts fall in love with size and toughness so if that player has any skill at all they pass up on more skill. It`s not always an indication of better prospect as it is to the type of prospect they like.

I know this isn`t giving any indication that Matthew was better but I`m just trying to point out how bad your argument is.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yakupov went higher than Laine in the draft. Does that mean there is 0 presentable evidence that Laine is a better prospect?

Could it be possible that draft classes have a difference in quality meaning that a better prospect could go lower in a different draft than a weaker one because there's less 'perceived' better prospects at that point?

And we bust your balls for using family members quotes as some type of scouting gold mine as if they have ever been reliable evidence for anything ever.
We literally have several NHL seasons of evidence than Laine is better than Yakupov while there is zero evidence that Matthew is better than Brady lol

Do you simply not get that it is incredibly dumb to go after a poster for saying otherwise, or are you being purposefully obtuse?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We literally have several NHL seasons of evidence than Laine is better than Yakupov while there is zero evidence that Matthew is better than Brady lol

Do you simply not get that it is incredibly dumb to go after a poster for saying otherwise, or are you being purposefully obtuse?

It's incredibly dumb to use draft positions in separate drafts to proclaim one is better than the other. Are you purposefully being obtuse?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It's incredibly dumb to use draft positions in separate drafts to proclaim one is better than the other. Are you purposefully being obtuse?
You’re the guy calling me out when the only evidence one way or the other supports my assertion. So next time keep those needly little fingers quiet.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You’re the guy calling me out when the only evidence one way or the other supports my assertion. So next time keep those needly little fingers quiet.

So next season when Brady is in the OHL, and we compare rookie seasons.. Matthew becomes the better prospect in your eyes and you lose the debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad