Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Thread: Oilers Picking 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I'm not convinced any of the non-Byram D prospects should go before around #15 in the draft.

The USNDTP guys and the WHL boys should all go ahead of any of Harley and the Euro D prospects.

Not saying they're not first round worthy, just not top 10 material.

Think I would exhaust the Hughes/Turcotte/Zegras/Boldy/Caufield pool before taking a chance on a Broberg.

Not Broberg. Think Soderberg. Bet Soderberg is top 10 by draft time.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
This draft is turning out to be one of my favourites already. Theres definitely a lot of talent to choose from. Right now my top ten would look like.

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Turcotte
5. Dach
6. Cozens
7. Krebs
8. Zegras
9. Caufield
10. Boldy

Im happy with any of these guys with our pick. Also, I honestly have no idea where Podkolzin goes. I can't get a good read of him.

Reactions: The Hound

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
This draft is turning out to be one of my favourites already. Theres definitely a lot of talent to choose from. Right now my top ten would look like.

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Turcotte
5. Dach
6. Cozens
7. Krebs
8. Zegras
9. Caufield
10. Boldy

Im happy with any of these guys with our pick. Also, I honestly have no idea where Podkolzin goes. I can't get a good read of him.
The possibility of landing Caufield, Dach, Boldy, or Turcotte has me more excited for this draft than the last few tbh.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Watching this video once again solidifies my hope that Dach falls to 8 and we take him. His skating is better than most give him credit for, he has sill for days and size never goes out of style. Add in that he's a RH shot and I'd be amazed if he's available at 8. Hopefully the USDT rolls and have really good showings so he falls to us.

I'd be so happy if Dach somehow fell to us. With the way Boldy and Caufield are playing, maybe there's more of a chance.

Regarding your earlier post about Caufield vs Kaliyev, I think there are a few things you missed. It isn't as simple as "they are both goal-scorers, I'll take the bigger one". Although Kaliyev has got size, he doesn't engage in board battles any more than Caufield does. I also much prefer Caufield's skating, which is one of Kaliyev's biggest concerns. Caufield plays with a lot more energy than Kaliyev does, who seems like he's never putting any effort in. Factor in Caufield's handedness, and it's a no-brainer for me.

Caufield reminds me of Alex Debrincat, Kaliyev of Michael Dal Colle.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I initially had a mock draft of:

1.)Devils - Hughes
2.)Rangers - Kakko
3.)Hawks - Byram
4.)Avalanche - Turcotte
5.)Kings - Dach
6.)Wings - Cozens
7.)Sabres - Zegras
8.)Oilers - Krebs

After watching Caufield play, I've readjusted (again, I've left Podkolzin out as I see him falling out of the top 10):

1.)Devils - Hughes
2.)Rangers - Kakko
3.)Hawks - Byram
4.)Avalanche - Turcotte
5.)Kings - Dach
6.)Wings - Caufield
7.)Sabres - Krebs
8.)Oilers - Cozens, Zegras, Boldy
Hey did you cut and paste my list from a few posts above? (LOL) Great minds think alike?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I agree with your revised top 5 (I agree that these are the top 5 - not sure about the selection order). It will be interesting what happens at 6 and 7.

I am hoping Krebs or Soderstrom (depending how he shows at U18), then Zegras.

For me, Cozens would be next (although I see possibly one or two teams taking him before 7).

I would avoid Podkolzin altogether (I would also avoid Caufield).

Boldy is a tier below.
I am very curious why you think that Boldy There’s a tier below?

His skill set definitely seems to translate good to the NHL game, and he’s been having a great u18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad