Prospect Info: 2019 Draft Thread: Oilers Picking 8th, Would You Take Caufield at #8?

Would You Take Caufield 8th?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
David Staples of the Edmonton Journal currently has a mock draft of:

1. New Jersey. Hughes.
  2. New York Rangers. Kakko.
  3. Chicago Blackhawks. Turcotte.
  4. Colorado Avalanche. Cozens.
  5. Los Angeles Kings. Byram.
  6. Detroit Red Wings. Dach.
  7. Buffalo Sabres. Zegras.
  8. Edmonton Oilers. Krebs or Boldy or Podkolzin. Or Cole Caulfield or Alex Newhook.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
That'd be where it gets interesting.

Zegras would be my clear pick at #8, but if it comes down to Krebs or Newhook, that's a lot closer to me.

I might actually lean toward Newhook.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I want whichever of Krebs, Zegras, Dach, Cozens, or Turcotte fall to 8. I think they are a small tier above the rest of the prospects after them.
I only have one different from you.

Happy with either Krebs, Zegras, Dach, Turcotte or Newhook

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

1. New Jersey. Hughes.
  8. Edmonton Oilers. Krebs or Boldy or Podkolzin. Or Cole Caulfield or Alex Newhook.

This would be worst case for the Oilers. I would hope that one of the top 7 (in this mock) would drop. After the top 7, I see Krebs, Soderstrom, Newhook, Caufield, Boldy. Podkolzin is too much of a questionmark to take at 8.

I see a clear top 7 here. If anyone of the top 7 drops, it is probably Cozens.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Order that I like them in:

Dach, Turcotte, Cozens, Zegras, Krebs, Newhook, Podkolzin

I would be really happy with the first 3. Really Satisfied with the next 2. Content with the last 2.

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
That'd be where it gets interesting.

Zegras would be my clear pick at #8, but if it comes down to Krebs or Newhook, that's a lot closer to me.

I might actually lean toward Newhook.
I'm leaning towards Newhook now as well. From what I've seen, he's better with the puck than Krebs.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

I would be really happy with the first 3. Really Satisfied with the next 2. Content with the last 2.

I go Turcotte, Zegras, then the rest somewhere here >>>>>

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I was really thinking about this and the Hawks recent success with certain players, I wonder if they take Caufield at 3 if he is the scorer they believe him to be

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I was really thinking about this and the Hawks recent success with certain players, I wonder if they take Caufield at 3 if he is the scorer they believe him to be

I doubt they do. Infact, Debrincat was headed the way of Yakupov once the coach started holding him accountable.

Reuniting him w/ Strome kinda saved his behind. Stromes too I guess

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009

1. New Jersey. Hughes.

Someone should ask David if he has seen all these players play.

I bet he hasn't. The only reason he has Kakko at 2 is because EVERYONE has Kakko at 2. Same for the rest.

Hell, he could look at this thread and come up with the same mock draft.

LacrosseRaider

Jun 23, 2018

Does anyone know why Kaliyev isn’t in the group above? Seems to be an elite goal scorer.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Does anyone know why Kaliyev isn’t in the group above? Seems to be an elite goal scorer.

Lack of exposure and misinformed opinions filling the echo chamber.

You'll hear that he lacks hockey sense even though he's one of the smartest offensive players in the draft or that he's only a PP player even though he has close to the highest 5v5 scoring of any eligible CHLer.

He scored near historic numbers with no help. Sure, he doesn't put much effort into the defensive end or along the boards, but you don't hear people talking about that with Caufield.

Reactions: Aerrol

LacrosseRaider

Jun 23, 2018
Lack of exposure and misinformed opinions filling the echo chamber.

You'll hear that he lacks hockey sense even though he's one of the smartest offensive players in the draft or that he's only a PP player even though he has close to the highest 5v5 scoring of any eligible CHLer.

He scored near historic numbers with no help. Sure, he doesn't put much effort into the defensive end or along the boards, but you don't hear people talking about that with Caufield.

Thanks. I don’t think I’d be unhappy if the Oilers picked him. Seems like his ceiling is quite high

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Zion nybeck 2020 draftee with an insane assist.

I'm a huuuuge fan of Nybeck. If he was a couple inches taller he'd be talked about as a potential 1st overall pick in 2020 I believe, but even at his size he's at minimum a top15 pick for me right now. He does everything at a really high level. Hands, skating, shot, playmaking, compete are all great.

Reactions: Vesperia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad