2019 Dallas Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If you don’t sign Stralman, you need to trade for someone. Myers is gonna want more money than him, and you’ll probably be priced out on EK after signing Lindell and Zucc. No one else on the RHD market is worth a top 4 spot.

My shopping list is Stralman, Zucc, and maybe one more decent winger that won’t break the bank. They don’t need to go too crazy, the top 6 unit is pretty solid. Ferland would be a great fit on a physical third scoring line with Faksa and Gurianov. Eberle would be great anywhere in the top 9. Other names that intrigue me are Donskoi, Panik, and Marcus Johansson. Dzingel would be great too. There’s a ton of options.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Agreed acquiring a solid RHD should be the highest priority. It’s to bad Trouba is in the same division or he would be 100% on the top of my list. I also like some of the names you tossed out there. Dzingle sounds more and more appealing. This year he scored 40 even strength points, last year he had 30. The top powerplay unit is set so we don’t need a great power play player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Good article with some quotes from Honka here about the season and going forward.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Where’s the “none of the above” option on Honka?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Remember when there was a rumored Nuke for Myers trade, in Val 2nd season, but he got hurt, delaying and then canceling it? Would look pretty good for Stars now.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
If you don’t sign Stralman, you need to trade for someone. Myers is gonna want more money than him, and you’ll probably be priced out on EK after signing Lindell and Zucc. No one else on the RHD market is worth a top 4 spot.

My shopping list is Stralman, Zucc, and maybe one more decent winger that won’t break the bank. They don’t need to go too crazy, the top 6 unit is pretty solid. Ferland would be a great fit on a physical third scoring line with Faksa and Gurianov. Eberle would be great anywhere in the top 9. Other names that intrigue me are Donskoi, Panik, and Marcus Johansson. Dzingel would be great too. There’s a ton of options.

Is Stralman even on Nill's radar? I wanted him signed the year Tampa got him but Nill showed no interest.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I've been saying Dzingel all along. Reason, he is apparently a real great guy off ice and in the community. Seems very much a Nill type. Then again, a lot of teams really covet those qualities... And the guy can put up legit secondary scoring. Would love the following top 6...

Dzingel Seguin Radulov
Benn Hintz Zucc

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He had a rough go after the trade, especially in the playoffs. With so many quality forwards in free agency, he seems like a guy that could end up on a 1 year deal.

If that happened, I'd be OK signing him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How would yall rank our prospects in terms of chances of making the team out of training camp?

Not including Gurianov because he obviously has the best chance

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
How would yall rank our prospects in terms of chances of making the team out of training camp?

L'esperance is the only one I really see making it out of camp beyond Guri, and that's still not really likely, I think he needs another year in CP. Same with Camaano. Camaano seemed to take a lot of penalties.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

L'Électrifié
Felhaber
Dellandrea
Mascherin
Robertson
Bayreuther
Damiani
Eriksson
Camaano
Cecconi

Maybe throw in Djuse as a wildcard in there somewhere
Also I would argue that L'Esp has a better shot at a roster spot than Gury

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

Bayreuther
Robertson
L’esperance
Camaano
Peterson
Dellandrea
Mascherin
Eriksson
Damiani

Although I don’t see anyone outside of bayreuther or Robertson having a legitamite chance . Lespy will likely be in the mix of guys to get called up during the season again . Camaano has a good shot at being a call up too I think . He plays a lot like faksa , comeau , Cogliano but with a little more skill .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Read an article saying they might give Dellandria at least a 9 game shot .

Would think they would love DG's speed after seeing all of Rope's gallops and chances.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
:laugh:

I don't disagree. LesMisérables is nothing crazy special or anything but he seemed to be more engaged down low in the o-zone and a little more "buzzing". Guri was all north-south neutral zone stuff.

That and well the 4C spot is pretty much there for the taking. No one else to fight for it unless we get two top players and Dickinson drops to the bottom six center role.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Eh, that was 5 years ago. Things change.

This. Still, one of those missed opportunities. Stralman at that 27 y.o. bracket would have made a somewhat formidable defensive unit back then.

I've been saying Dzingel all along. Reason, he is apparently a real great guy off ice and in the community. Seems very much a Nill type. Then again, a lot of teams really covet those qualities... And the guy can put up legit secondary scoring. Would love the following top 6...

Dzingel Seguin Radulov
Benn Hintz Zucc

Characteristics that have no bearing on the team's needs for secondary scoring. We aren't hiring for a PR position. Dzingel struggled a bit with CBJ and was a no-show during the playoffs. This team doesn't need another wasted cap-space after the travesties whom have been Hanzal, Methot, Nichushkin, Niemi, etc..

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Thought Joshno was kidding about Honka 2.0, but there will be one available at 18. Wonder if Nill would avoid drafting him on name alone? He is an RHD, which is a need.

If Honka 1.0 came back, can you imagine the confusion for announcers? Honka passes to Honka, and back to Honka, and Honka scores!

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think if we want a right handed defenceman at 18 then Moritz Seider should be our man. Looking like he’s going to be a right handed Esa Lindell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad