Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I've voted for Liverpool to win, despite a nagging voice that won't stop telling me that Spurs will nick it.

Barcelona at Anfield was a perfect example of the positive weight of history - the belief that can be generated through drawing on past successes. I find the question of what Liverpool's frame of mind will be tonight very intriguing. They didn't begin the season expected to win either the EPL title or this one, yet to come so close to both and miss out would be agonising. Will that possibility tense them out of their best form, or urge them to excellence?

If Newcastle went into a cup final with a talismanic star striker returning after several weeks' absence from injury I'd bet everything I owned on said striker either aggravating the injury within 20 minutes and hobbling off, or coming on as a sub and playing as though they'd forgotten what sport this was. We're not talking about Newcastle, though.

Until Pochettino, I only ever used the words 'Tottenham' and 'character' in the same sentence if in between came the words 'lack of'. I have a feeling that if Liverpool don't go ahead within the first hour, Spurs produce another joker to decide events in their favour. Notwithstanding surprise selections or absences, I like Pochettino's variety of options off the bench better than Klopp's for a one-off game that may have to go beyond 90 minutes.

That the sight of Sissoko winning the European Cup would make me want to spit bodes well for the Lilywhites, given that these days football only seems to exist to make me hate it. On the other hand, it's only a matter of time before he turns back into a pumpkin and Madrid in early June may not be conducive to his atheleticism-first, usefulness-on-the-ball-a-distant-second style.

At least if his team loses Sissoko needn't fear being labelled on OVERRATED LOSER-FRAUD by wonderful human beings who DESERVE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!! That unfortunate fate may rest on Mo Salah. But I think the Egyptian will score, and Jordan Henderson will lift the European Cup. (If the latter does happen, UEFA should either force Henderson to wear gloves, or have close at hand some industrial-strength cleaning fluid otherwise who knows what bacteria will be transmitted onto the distinguished old trophy by the Mackem slack-jaw).

Reactions: Evilo and Chimaera
Sep 19, 2008
22d092e7ef59f13f3dcf8b2d6c565db4--liverpool-banners.jpg

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No major injuries.

No penalty kick shootout to decide the game.

May the best team win

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
This is becoming unbearable. Still got some exam prep to do, not sure how I'm gonna be able to focus :laugh:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wishing luck to all to Pool fans on here. I will be cheering harder for Liverpool to win to today than I cheered for Arsenal on Wednesday!

.... and then immediately after I'll go back to resenting Pool as well

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Spurs are chronically underrated and surely have a chance win this. But if I had to place a bet I'd go 5-1 Liverpool

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
As a Liverpool fan I just wish this game was played earlier. Spurs looked pretty gassed towards the end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad