Euro: 2019 Champions League Final

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It isn't Kane's fault whatsoever that Poch didn't take him out at halftime, but he should have taken him out at halftime.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It isn't Kane's fault whatsoever that Poch didn't take him out at halftime, but he should have taken him out at halftime.
Neither Kane nor Firmino were ready. Both were basically negatives, but Klopp was able to make the right move by getting his unfit striker off.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sour grapes would be blaming the wind for a disappointing game. Or that the other team lost 3 players to injury in one half and had to play an injured one up front, and yet when outplayed, blame those injuries.

Arrogant isn't the word I'd use. He is rather crazy yes, but he won't let the press blame his players for anything and would decide to look like a fool instead. So yes, he is condescending to them. That is part of the environment at the club, he wanted the club to be like a family and he has standards they have to uphold. On one of his first days he said he thought the atmosphere at the club wasn't particularly good and that it was foreign to what he was used to. So he was going to make the team learn the names of the people in the cafeteria, the people who do their equipment, everything. Part of their transfer strategy is to find out if players mistreat the staff at their club and if they have this kind of attitude behind closed doors. I don't really find that arrogant at all.

The only other manager he's ever had a problem with was one of the Brexit lovers who sent their team out to kick all our players. We have had some arrogant managers in our past though. Benitez, much as I love him for what he did, was definitely one of them.

Reactions: maclean

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Too bad the Club World Cup is going to be in China. Would be nicer to play a team like Boca in Brazil or something.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
n0v3gi2510231.jpg

What a picture.

Also, these guys were absolutely hammered.

Reactions: Chimaera

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wenger was clear in his punditry that he did not want Tottenham to win. Mourinho basically the same. It made me laugh.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
They don't like Poch and all the love he gets from the media. "Look what he does what what little he gets!". They hate that. :)

Understandable considering Wenger achieved much more given the same circumstances that Poch is in.

Plus Wenger is a gooner for life. No Arsenal supporter wanted Tottenham to win.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, there's more than a few who could fit that.

In other funny notes, Klopp wants a video of the parade packaged to help sell Liverpool to players to come there. I don't think it will take much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad