GDT: 2019 Capitals Prospect Showcase Tournament

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Is that normal for these showcases to have a shootout after the game no matter the score?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
With the exception of the motion sickness from watching the game through the netting and not allowing my eyes to focus that was fantastic. Not overly familiar with the canes outside of their Checkers guys in the AHL. How do they stack up to the Capitals prospects? I realize pretty much our entire team is AHL experienced or AHL eligible this year so I'm guessing we were the older more experienced group?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
With the exception of the motion sickness from watching the game through the netting and not allowing my eyes to focus that was fantastic. Not overly familiar with the canes outside of their Checkers guys in the AHL. How do they stack up to the Capitals prospects? I realize pretty much our entire team is AHL experienced or AHL eligible this year so I'm guessing we were the older more experienced group?

I think a lot of their guys were invitees. Not sure how many.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
AA is bound to play in Hershey I think. He isn't aggressive/active enough in the D zone I thought (feed quality wasnt quite good maybe I lost something in the process).
MF could go to offensive zone at least with better partner so his (MF's) probable defensive shortcomings will be more masked.

Betting on LuJo playing for Caps before both of them :P
Just a hunch.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
AA is bound to play in Hershey I think. He isn't aggressive/active enough in the D zone I thought (feed quality wasnt quite good maybe I lost something in the process).
MF could go to offensive zone at least with better partner so his (MF's) probable defensive shortcomings will be more masked.

Betting on LuJo playing for Caps before both of them :P
Just a hunch.

AA is totally not ready for the NHL, but you can see what he should become. He looks like a kid still getting comfortable (and obviously still maturing physically).

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
1. Future HOF
2. Future Vezina
3. Nardella

Told ya
Rolling into HFBoards like
giphy.gif

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Was puzzling, I thought the opposite would be true and AA would be more aggressive.

Every time I have watched AA he has been a pass first steady dman. He will jump in the play when the chance presents but he seems to understand his position very well. I don't think he will wow you but his passing and positioning are major strengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad