GDT: 2019 Capitals Prospect Showcase Tournament

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

Last game for the baby Caps in the tournament. Starts in 30 minutes!

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Has Leason shown anything yet? I haven't seen his name much in this thread, though I could have missed something.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Has Leason shown anything yet? I haven't seen his name much in this thread, though I could have missed something.

I didn't get to see much of the 2nd game, but that top line of Gersich-Pilon-Leason has been a terror in the 1st game. And looks like that way this game early so far.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Fair enough - was thinking he was the same draft year as Gersich who is there
It's always different with NCAA guys. Gersich and Pinho are only entering their 2nd full professional season. Plus, they might have wanted to get an extended look at the other goaltenders, including Warm who was a FA invite

Reactions: Hivemind

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
It's always different with NCAA guys. Gersich and Pinho are only entering their 2nd full professional season. Plus, they might have wanted to get an extended look at the other goaltenders, including Warm who was a FA invite
The disparity between the path those guys take vs other players is so weird. Great that they get to complete their education and everything, but must make things a bit more complicated as a GM.

Annoying that these commentators are only talking about the lightning - makes it less interesting to watch

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Another factor for AA/MF to play in Hershey - Caps need their ELC's in the near future. 0 games up and lots of minutes down - is the best setup cap-wise.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Another factor for AA/MF to play in Washington - Caps need their ELC's right now.
If they trade Djoos, replace him in the lineup with MF or AA, and bury Stephenson they’re under the cap.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, my mistake then. I thought it was under 9 games in the NHL. Misremembered waiver rules maybe.
If a player plays fewer than 10 games and goes back to juniors or Europe, then their ELC slides. If they're playing in the AHL/ECHL, it still counts as a year off their ELC deal (after all, they're being paid the AHL portion of their two-way contract).

The waiver eligibility tickmark is 41 games (I believe), and that applies only to NHL games.

Reactions: Raikkonen

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
If a player plays fewer than 10 games and goes back to juniors or Europe, then their ELC slides. If they're playing in the AHL/ECHL, it still counts as a year off their ELC deal (after all, they're being paid the AHL portion of their two-way contract).

The waiver eligibility tickmark is 41 games (I believe), and that applies only to NHL games.
It doesn't have anything to do with juniors/Europe. It's just age and NHL games vs. non-NHL games.
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
CapFriendly said:
If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.
Vrana played in the AHL in 2015-2016 and then parts of the next three years in the NHL, all on his ELC, for example. Fehervary and Alexeyev both turn 20 between Sept. 15 and Dec. 31, so I guess theirs can't slide.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It doesn't have anything to do with juniors/Europe. It's just age and NHL games vs. non-NHL games.
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Vrana played in the AHL in 2015-2016 and then parts of the next three years in the NHL, all on his ELC, for example. Fehervary and Alexeyev both turn 20 between Sept. 15 and Dec. 31, so I guess theirs can't slide.
Yes, they're too old for that this season. Lucas Johansen is a recent example of a late bday that had earlier AHL eligibility with no slide. Sutter & Clark are also in the same boat as late bdays this season. But Vrana's did slide as a 19yo. It's just somewhat rare that Europeans cross over to the AHL. Tatar comes to mind, Nylander, Necas...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad