GDT: 2019 Capitals Prospect Showcase Tournament

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Logan, by a wide margin, the best player for the caps today.
Deserved a better outcome. Question for the prospect followers here: Elite prospects has him in Hershey this year; was that your understanding and does that seem to further support the idea that one of IS or VV will be with the big club?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Deserved a better outcome. Question for the prospect followers here: Elite prospects has him in Hershey this year; was that your understanding and does that seem to further support the idea that one of IS or VV will be with the big club?

Unless they see Copley as the goalie of the future I don't see how one of Samsanov or Vanecek is not backing up Holtby this season.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Interesting to see how it shakes out from the top down. I think VV as the backup make the Capitals cap compliant. Samsonov would then be the clear cut #1 in Hershey but then I'd be curious to see which direction Hershey goes. Parker Milner is a ECHL stud but could be interested in getting 20-30 games backing up Sammy in the AHL. That would open the door for Thompson in South Carolina. Unless Milner would rather keep his job as the primary in the ECHL and they give Thompson backup duties in the AHL. This is also assuming we can either convince someone to take Copley or they can bury him in the AHL and loan him out.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Good stuff here.

Also this:

Notes: In the good news department, Riley Sutter's injury from Saturday's game is not as serious as first feared. "Really good news," says Carbery. "Not as bad as maybe we initially thought it would be, so he just has a sprain. Those are always tricky; could be a week, could be a couple of weeks, but there is no fracture or anything like that, so that's good news for him."

There was positive postgame news on Alexeyev as well.
"Alexeyev is good," relates Carbery. "We took him out of the game for precautionary reasons to make sure. He had to go through the [concussion] protocol, and everything was good."

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Good stuff here.

Also this:

Great news on the potential injury stuff.

ezgif-2-caf4d3eb2b.gif

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So on AA, I’m of the rapidly expanding opinion he needs at least a year for his body to catch up to his frame.

I got the impression that in yesterday's game, AA was much more active than in Saturday's game before he left the game. Stopping zone entries, breaking up passes. getting the puck out of the zone. Possibly because the puck was in our end a lot more than on Saturday? You are right though, he should get a full year in Hershey at the very least.

I just realized with AA leaving the game as a precaution, a lot of the game was played without 3 of our top 4 prospects (IS, MF, AA).

Reactions: GoCaps2004

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I got the impression that in yesterday's game, AA was much more active before he left the game. Stopping zone entries, breaking up passes. getting the puck out of the zone. Possibly because the puck was in our end a lot more than on Saturday?

Skill wise, he’s probably close. I just think he needs to bulk up and learn to protect himself/get better situational awareness, some would call it experience I guess.

Just needs to percolate.

Reactions: tenken00

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That’s why I was asking about him Saturday. Out of (seemingly) nowhere he stood out immediately.
I guess I should have specified too that I was referring to his two AHL games at the end of last season. His final game was very, very good and he didn't look out of place despite having very little practice time with the team. Could be a very interesting prospect and a lot of writers seems to be writing him off as being able to hold down a lot of ice time in Hershey. I'm thinking AA could be destined for playing time as RD which could help give some of playing time to all the LD prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->