NBA 2019 Buy Out Market Rumors/Speculation/Signings

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It happens more often in the NBA than in other sports, in large part due to the impact one or two players can have on a team.
Yeah I've noticed in past deadlines. I never really paid too close of attention but always kind of read the headlines but when I started watching, it was the early Blake Griffin years and really got into it during Lob City. So basically during that time, the Clippers didn't have any cap space (or assets) and so the biggest trade was Bledsoe for Dudley and Redick or Bullock for Rivers. Now with the Clippers having both cap space and assets, I've been paying attention more and more. It just seems like an excessive amount of players. Is it because of the FA class coming up?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah I've noticed in past deadlines. I never really paid too close of attention but always kind of read the headlines but when I started watching, it was the early Blake Griffin years and really got into it during Lob City. So basically during that time, the Clippers didn't have any cap space (or assets) and so the biggest trade was Bledsoe for Dudley and Redick or Bullock for Rivers. Now with the Clippers having both cap space and assets, I've been paying attention more and more. It just seems like an excessive amount of players. Is it because of the FA class coming up?

Could be. Kawhi, Kyrie, KD, Klay, Boogie, Khris Middleton... that's an interesting group of names up for free agency.

Edit: And Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler of course. Hopefully the Sixers hang on to at least one of those two.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This is really the first season I've actually paid attention to NBA trades but it seems like a lot of big players are being moved. Davis, Harris, Butler, Porzingis, Gasol, Conley, etc. Is this normal?

I'd say it's the new normal. Every year seems to be a bit more crazy than the previous one. Players hold so much power in the NBA compared to other sports.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I agree with Aldridge. It doesn't make sense to keep and re-sign an older player like Ariza when he's probably the one guy (other than Beal) they can get something decent for.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah the wizards keeping ariza makes zero sense

if the lakers can somehow swap KCP for ariza it would be very nice

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Jazz seem like a team to watch and I think they need to do something. They need an upgrade at PG to take some pressure off Mitchell and have been linked to Conley, Lowry, and Dragic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad