2019 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I remember when Chiarelli was the GM of the year candidate, think that was the year they made playoffs.

Don't forget Pierre Dorion also being nominated.

Edmonton will fire their GM. Aquilini won’t. Again, I don’t think we have the upper hand as a fanbase.

I'm just hoping we add a president at this point. Hextall's probably the best one available that fits the "big name" mandate that the Aquilinis apparently want.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Markstrom and Koskinen both have similar stats this season, not great but decent.
One has played 205 nhl games, is making 3.6m in cap hit until 2020
One has played 29 nhl games, will be making 4.5m in cap hit until 2022

WTF????

Edit: Jesus, just realized that Koskinin is 30 years old

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I like that deal for the Oilers, trade talbot, or let him walk and get a decent starter for a cheap cap hit.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I like that deal for the Oilers, trade talbot, or let him walk and get a decent starter for a cheap cap hit.
I believe Talbot's current deal has him around a $4.67 million cap hit. So, it's roughly the same for their starting goaltending. They will need to go much cheaper for the backup from the $2.5 million that Koskinen was making to another guy. Saving around $1.5 million max on that.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Nice to see both St Louis and Colorado lose today. Canucks are basically all caught up with games played and still sitting in 8th place. Need to win on Wednesday for sure against Carolina and if we can do that then we end with a 4-0-2 streak before all star break which is nice.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
O man I just hope Oilers keep their mediocity...pls let them win a few games to get their hopes high so Chia is not fired...

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Chiarelli is a gift. I like Koskinen, but that's a weird contract, and a weird situation to put Talbot in. Very Oilers-esque.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Im sorry what?? 4.5m for a 30 years old goalie who only has 29 nhl games, you like the deal???
Yeah, its only 3 years. On the low end of starters salaries, he's got good khl numbers and has had a number of excellent games for them already. Also an upgrade on talbot and cheaper so if they can get a cheap backup I think its a good gamble

We have 4th liners with worse contracts , an at least above average starter for 4.5 is really not a bad deal

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah, its only 3 years. On the low end of starters salaries, he's got good khl numbers and has had a number of excellent games for them already. Also an upgrade on talbot and cheaper so if they can get a cheap backup I think its a good gamble

We have 4th liners with worse contracts , an at least above average starter for 4.5 is really not a bad deal
All based on a 29 games sample size, his stats arent even impressive

member 290103

Koskinen may not be a decent starter tho

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think he is and his KhL numbers are impressive, where there's smoke there's fire.

Like I said he's looked really good in a number of games, and the Oilers defense is trash, so he's also been blown out of a few games.

Better and cheaper than talbot, and most other starters. 3 years is not that risky for the reward.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
upload_2019-1-21_17-41-55.png

Last edited:
Reactions: racerjoe and timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events