GDT: 2019 ALCS: (1) Houston Astros vs (2) New York Yankees - HOU wins 4-2

ALCS

• Total voters

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Don't understand how the Yankees lost this series, all indications pointed to Yankees having the better roster except for starting pitching. Yankees had their chances to win game 2 and game 6, but none of the Yankees' hitters showed up except for DJ and Torres. We could of really used Luke Voit... I blame this on Boone

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
High five to duke33. Please 4 more wins. Pitching matchup will be unreal. Hopefully they do a better job at capitalizing with runners on. Baseball playoffs is going to kill me. My heart can't take it

High five back my friend. Two World Series appearances in three years. Can't say enough about Altuve, or the bullpen's work (when all we heard about was how untouchable NY's pen was), or the defense. That Brantley play was insane. What a reaction after that deflating homer in the top of the ninth. I respect most of the Yankee players, but there's a definite joy at beating them three times out of three postseasons this decade because of how despicable their fans were in New York.

Washington won't be easy. This series is hard for me, most of my family is in the DC area and we just lost our mother who was a huge Nats fan (yet also liked Altuve a great deal). So I won't be sad if we lose to them. Their starting pitching probably matches ours but we should have the edge in the bullpen and with the lineup, although I agree they need to hit better with guys in scoring position.

But, we'll see what happens. For now, enjoy being back to the WS again. What a team.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Don't understand how the Yankees lost this series, all indications pointed to Yankees having the better roster except for starting pitching. Yankees had their chances to win game 2 and game 6, but none of the Yankees' hitters showed up except for DJ and Torres. We could of really used Luke Voit... I blame this on Boone

So the Astros were better in the most important - by far - category.

I'm surprised that there are actually people surprised the Yankees lost. I was impressed they won two games. This Houston team might beat those late 90's/early 00's Yankees, nevermind the current one.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

member 157595

So the Yankees had the better roster except for literally the most important part of a baseball team?

Reactions: LatvianTwist

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
High five back my friend. Two World Series appearances in three years. Can't say enough about Altuve, or the bullpen's work (when all we heard about was how untouchable NY's pen was), or the defense. That Brantley play was insane. What a reaction after that deflating homer in the top of the ninth. I respect most of the Yankee players, but there's a definite joy at beating them three times out of three postseasons this decade because of how despicable their fans were in New York.

Washington won't be easy. This series is hard for me, most of my family is in the DC area and we just lost our mother who was a huge Nats fan (yet also liked Altuve a great deal). So I won't be sad if we lose to them. Their starting pitching probably matches ours but we should have the edge in the bullpen and with the lineup, although I agree they need to hit better with guys in scoring position.

But, we'll see what happens. For now, enjoy being back to the WS again. What a team.
Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and the family.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
So the Astros were better in the most important - by far - category.

I'm surprised that there are actually people surprised the Yankees lost. I was impressed they won two games. This Houston team might beat those late 90's/early 00's Yankees, nevermind the current one.

So the Yankees had the better roster except for literally the most important part of a baseball team?

Yeah I mean give the bullpen edge to NYY if you want even still Houston had a good pen, people just didn’t wan to give them credit. I don’t see ho you give the Yankees batting order much of an advantage over Houston’s though. Yes they had a historic regular season (so did the twins) but when you’re going up against Bregman, Yuli, Correa, Altuve, Brantley, Springer it’s not like they didn’t have a ton of star power at the plate.

Yankees maybe hit more bombs but the Houston roster is better hitters in my opinion. Too many boom or bust guys on NYY and the defence and speed edge easily goes to Houston as well

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Astros in 5 maybe 4

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Astros have yordy this time around . They didn't have him when they won their last WS.
He's the best Cuban hitter in MLB

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

That's kind of important champ.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Astros have yordy this time around . They didn't have him when they won their last WS.
He's the best Cuban hitter in MLB

Yikes. Cuba might as well pack up shop wrt baseball then. I know Alvarez is talented and had a good year but he's been an embarrassment at the plate this post season

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yikes. Cuba might as well pack up shop wrt baseball then. I know Alvarez is talented and had a good year but he's been an embarrassment at the plate this post season

So was Bellinger couple years ago and now probably wins the MVP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad