GDT: 2019 ALCS: (1) Houston Astros vs (2) New York Yankees - HOU wins 4-2

ALCS

• Total voters

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Hopefully game 5 win is a momentum boost and game 3 and 4 losses is a lesson learned. It will be tough though. I'm sure the Yankees want revenge on the 2017 loss and the wild card loss from 2015(I think). Hopefully Greinke is mad and has a bounce back game in game 1.

Looks like it'll be
Greinke
Verlander
Cole
Urquidy (most likely)
Greinke
Verlander
Cole

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Hopefully game 5 win is a momentum boost and game 3 and 4 losses is a lesson learned. It will be tough though. I'm sure the Yankees want revenge on the 2017 loss and the wild card loss from 2015(I think). Hopefully Greinke is mad and has a bounce back game in game 1.

Looks like it'll be
Greinke
Verlander
Cole
Urquidy (most likely)
Greinke
Verlander
Cole

I'm not sorry to see the backs of those guys. That's why I said a week ago they were so dangerous. Probably arguably the toughest pitching staff starters and bullpen out of the playoff teams. Plus for three years the Astros just haven't been able to hit at Tropicana Field. Glad they jumped on them early and gave Cole all the runs he'd need.

That pitching setup on paper is a good one. Greinke should be more comfortable at home and get more run support. Then follow with JV and then have Cole start in the Bronx. Should be fun. Three straight years with 100+ wins and three straight years in the ALCS. Not too shabby.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The world series winner right here. Whoever wins...wins the ws. Tough one . I think the Astros take it

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
No Tropicana Field or catwalks will be involved in the ALCS, but it'll be interesting to see how the ballpark dimensions play out here.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Voted Astros in 6.
I feel they have the more complete team and if Houston pitching can shut down the Yanks' offense, then NY will find itself at a severe disadvantage as Houston looks better suited to win the low scoring games.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Astros in 6 ...7 sure.is possible.
We have a situation where the Yanks have sluggers all throughout the line up
Judge Stanton Torres Didi lemahieu, Edwin gary

Astros
Springer Altuve Correa Bregman Gurriel ..

Astros superior pitching should prevail. And the Nats nor the Cards stand a chance

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't have much faith in Yankees scoring off of Verlander/Cole. They'll need one of their pitchers to become Chris Carpenter in match-ups vs. superior pitchers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad